Not logging when you don't eat well

Options

Replies

• kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I made up my mind early on: I will not lie to an App. I'm better than that. It's about being hnoest with yourself and keeping track of what you eat and that results you get.
    Do it or Don't. Its more like a game to me and I eat better because I want to win (= Loose). I am not proud of the fact I eat pop chips and drink too much wine but I log it anyway.
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The point of logging your foods/drinks into your diary daily is for you to see what you are consuming a day. I see so many people logging days they think are "good days" and on days where they eat out, eat too much, or go way over calories, they do not log. Not logging doesn't mean it didn't happen. You are only harming yourself because you don't know how much you are taking in one those days.

Yep, and thats cool. BUT if these people come out posting and crying about not losing weight, that sets me off. Ha ha.
    Like you said, they only harm themselves. Its not like IF they dont log it, It never happened. This is one score card that does not let you cheat at the end of the day.
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    True, but it's a personal choice to be made there. Not a steadfast rule if you're going to be a member of this site. In general, I think most people who have bad days are well aware of it and would just rather not try to do the math and figure out exactly what they ate, as that can be damn near impossible if the food/drink isn't anywhere in the database. It's too time consuming, and frankly, not that big of a deal. It's more important to acknowledge it to yourself that you screwed up and move on. No need to hang yourself publicly because you had an off day. We all make mistakes, it's in learning from them (not shaming ourselves for them) that we grow and make better choices. Just my two cents... :flowerforyou:

I completely agree. I spent the past weekend with my boyfriend in a different city and I made a few "bad" choices. Caught being well aware of this and not finding time to log, you'll see gaps in my diary over the weekend. However I've acknowledged it wasn't great, dusted off my shoulders and moved on to hopefully making better choices ahead, (and knowing to say 'not for me' when my boyfriend cooks a great big bowl of pasta...it was wholewheat though :p")
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm totally guilty of this, I log faithfully during the week, its easy to eat well when you pack your lunches every day, and have everything planned. Then the weekend comes, and my diary is left blank. I'm glad someone posted this topic though because it makes me think about it and perhaps I will attempt to log on weekends too:)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged :blushing:

However as of May 1st 2012 I am proud to say I have finished my diary every single day no matter what I ate. :drinker:
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been SO tempted to do this, but have fought the battle and won. Bad days are just that, and everyone that looks at my diary needs to see that I make mistakes, just like everyone else. And just because you have a bad day doesn't mean you can't get over it and keep going!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's hard to shout out your "mistakes" but it's only going to help you. Let's face it, we're here because we've been doing something wrong. Look your mistakes in the eye, learn about yourself and what triggers your missteps. Learn and grow from them.

We're our hardest critics, but we can also be our biggest enablers.

Good luck! Be strong!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I used to not log bad days. I didn't want to see the red numbers and I didn't want people to gripe at me when I knew I had already messed up. Then came the day I needed to look at my reports. I wanted to know my macro splits and how many grams of whatever it was I was needing to look at. I needed that information and it was inaccurate because I hadn't been logging everything. It was extremely frustrating. Now I log everything. It's a record about me for me.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    agreed
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am not "happy" about my days over my calorie limit. I really don't like seeing red on the weekly graph on my android, but it helps me balance the rest of my week and not go totally overboard. Personally, I am trying not to think of food as "good" or "bad" or classify my days as "good" or "bad" by what I eat. "It is what it is and what am I going to do about it?" has been my eating motto lately.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I log my bad days, but I don't log when I'm on vacation (and since it's summer, there are more trips than usual.) Does everyone log when they're on vacation too? It seems too dificult to me since I'm normally have my phone off most of the time and much of what I eat is not in the database (and I typically end up losing weight during it anyway), but maybe I should start on my next trip?Those blank days really piss me off when I'm looking back. How do you guys log when you're on a holiday?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    The point of logging your foods/drinks into your diary daily is for you to see what you are consuming a day. I see so many people logging days they think are "good days" and on days where they eat out, eat too much, or go way over calories, they do not log. Not logging doesn't mean it didn't happen. You are only harming yourself because you don't know how much you are taking in one those days.

Correct! You cant hide the obvious. the scale will not lie to you.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have logged every single thing I have eaten for the last 300 or so days, regardless of how ugly it was. What I have learned from it is that I can have a "bad" day, or even week, every so often and still be successful in the long run.
  • missmuse06
    missmuse06 Posts: 50
    Options
    I agree!! Forcing yourself to log keeps you accountable..... and I know I certainly think twice about what I put in my mouth (heh) when I know it will put me close to (or over) my calories!
  • missmuse06
    missmuse06 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have logged every single thing I have eaten for the last 300 or so days, regardless of how ugly it was. What I have learned from it is that I can have a "bad" day, or even week, every so often and still be successful in the long run.

Very nice!
  • chasper090
    chasper090 Posts: 14
    Options
    I think logging in your calories, whether its more or less, will keep anyone motivated towards the right direction. We all have our good days and our bad days. Numbers don't lie, bottom line. I think this is an excellent way of maintaining a healthy diet. Its sort of like that guy/girl looking over your shoulder. LOL. No matter what, continue logging and stay motivated to a healthy life.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ...is a bad thing! Be honest with yourself, people!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm super guilty of this, although I think logging the bad days would be better. Then I'd get to see what I'm doing.

Usually what happens is that on "bad" days I'm eating whatever without logging first and then can't remember what I ate in order to go log it. I think if you log first - whether it's bad or good - you're better off. Now if I could just do as I say...
  • unfitgoku
    unfitgoku Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I log everything, logging bad days actually helps you!!!
    It helps you by seeing that if you go through couple of bad days/week, you can see how it affects your progress and you know WHAT NOT TO DO!

So, Logging Bad Day Helps!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference to me how people log their food. I am here for me. If I log my food or not, It only affects me. No one else.
    That said, I log everything. Even "bad days". My choice.
    Whether others do or not has no impact on my weight or my food log.
    Do I have friends on my list that do it? Sure...does it bother me? Nope. Because its their life. They are acknowledging it in their own way. Maybe they worked their *kitten* off all week in order to go out to dinner with their hubby, so they could eat without counting every calorie, and really don't want to know what that number was?
    So many scenarios...that is why it doesn't bother me how others log their food.