eating out

Options
as543
as543 Posts: 38 Member
Tomorrow will be my 3rd day using this seriously. I have lunch plans with a friend and im freaked. There are salads, sandwhiches- its definitely not an unhealthy place, but how on earth can i know the calories on what i am eating? The only thing that they have nutritional info on is the frozen yogurt, and that isnt really a great lunch option.

Replies

• KatdenRN
    KatdenRN Posts: 52
    Options
    Did you look at their website... or google the info? It would be hard going into the "unknown"
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Relax! Eating out can still be done while using MFP.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm usually able to find something very similar (if not the exact meal from the restaurant) on MFP. If there are sauces or condiments, ask for them on the side so you can have a better idea of how much you're putting on your food and log it. I also have a restaurants app that has nutritional information for a lot of restaurants.

You probably won't be able to be 100% accurate with your calories, but you can come pretty close if you're careful with your order.

Good luck!
  • as543
    as543 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes. No info on the web. It's not a chain or anything. I guess I'll just order an undressed salad and eyeball
  • thejonperry
    Options
    California Pizza Kitchen has good options, like seared Salmon looks great. ~500 cal
    Also, the Asian Crunch salad is great get the half also about ~500
    Chipotle burrito hold the rice =D ~400 cal or get the salad option and save 180 cal from the tortilla shell.
    Jack in Box Chicken Fijita Pita ~326 cal + Salsa
    Hope that helps