Having Pork chops tonight....any good healthy ideas?

Options
Hey Guys,

So I am having pork chosp tonight and instead of just plain of BBQ sauce....any ideas on soup and pork chop recipes or anything else to go with them???? Any idea's I would love.

Thanks

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    MY all-time favorite is: pan fried pork chops, remove from pan, stir in Campbells Cream of Mushroom with what's in the pan still, return pork chops to pan for simmering. Done and done. *drool*
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My favorite pork chop recipe - dredge the chops in a little fresh grated parmesan then dip them in beaten egg and then roll in Italian-seasoned bread crumbs. Cook about five minutes per side in a little olive oil. So good!

This recipe is one of my husband's favorites: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tropical-pork-chops/
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just had honey mustard pork chops, with beets, beet greens, carrots, and a little baked potato...was delicious...I put the recipe in MFP, only 150 calories/chop :)
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I was gonna suggest mushrooms too, but I usually use fat-free sour cream and fresh mushrooms to make a stew. Then I bake it all in the oven with the pork chops.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Go to the McCormick Seasoning website and check out "Apple & Sage Pork Chops" Yum-Yum!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The link I am posting is for pork tenderloin, but you cut it into medallions anyway so I don't see why you couldn't use the chops. You might want to cut them in half depending on how big they are to try to match the cooking times on the recipe. This is SO good. I have made it a bunch of times!

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=1181
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    MY all-time favorite is: pan fried pork chops, remove from pan, stir in Campbells Cream of Mushroom with what's in the pan still, return pork chops to pan for simmering. Done and done. *drool*

mmm, had these last night, but I cook the in the oven, covered in onion slices...mmmm
  • RobbiTaber
    RobbiTaber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep it light....add some peach salsa. Great Value has a good one...it's mild, fruity and really adds a ton of flavor with almost no calories!! add a small baked potato and a nice big salad! good meal there!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are simple.. paprika, salt, pepper.. and bake. Eat with applesauce. old school Brady Bunch style :) Haha.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Go to the McCormick Seasoning website and check out "Apple & Sage Pork Chops" Yum-Yum!

So yummy
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    grill them, to season them mix in a bowl 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp cajun seasoning springle on both sides then grill :) they are awesome, this seasoning is awesome on pretty much all meat btw
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    We had pork chops last night...olive oil and garlic salt/powder and pepper. Simple enough and was pretty tasty =)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
    Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2/3 cup dry white wine
    1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 firm, ripe pear, such as Bosc or Anjou, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into eighths
    1 1-1/2-inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips (1/4 cup)
    6 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
    2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
    Preparation
    1.Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Pour off fat from the pan.
    2.Add vinegar and sugar to the pan; stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until the syrup turns dark amber, 10 to 20 seconds. Pour in wine (stand back, as the caramel may sputter) and bring to a simmer, stirring. Add broth, pears and ginger; bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, turning the pears occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add scallions and cook until the pears are tender, about 2 minutes more. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until lightly thickened. Reduce heat to low and return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan; turn to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.
    NutritionPer serving: 237 calories; 5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ); 52 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 286 mg sodium; 635 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: 635 mg potassium (32% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 1

Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On the grill with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning - delicious!
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I grill them, and use this as a glaze

Honey/Jalapeno Glaze
    1/4 tsp. grated lime peel
    2 tbsp. lime juice
    1 tbsp. honey
    1/4 c. olive oil
    2 tsp. chopped fresh jalapeno peppers or use canned
    Dash of ground nutmeg
  • tappleton17
    tappleton17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    [:smile:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do apple porkchops, peach porkchops, and pineapple porkchops. I really just bake the chops in the juices and stick the sliced fruits on top. It's pretty good and tastes light.
  • tappleton17
    tappleton17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make them like that but i bake them in the mushroom soup
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1 lb pork chops
    two apples (preferably sour)
    one onion
    mustard
    pepper
    salt
    cooking oil

Chop the onions and saute them in a large frying pan. Cut up the apples and add them to the onions, lower the heat and saute for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the pork chops into 1-inch thick pieces and pummel them a bit with a mallet. Add salt and pepper and a thin layer of mustard to both sides.
    Then remove the onions and apples and lay the pork chops into the same pan. Fry 7 minutes on each side. For serving, add the onions and apples on top of the pork chop.

Edited to add - this is about 200 calories per chop.
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    My fav is sweet n sour chops with green peppers and fresh pinapple... Cook chops and add cut up peppers and pineapple and stir in just a lillte juice from the pinapple and 57 sauce.. YUM_O