Does you weigh yourself every day or just once a week?

Options
124»

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What confuses me is, if you only weigh once a week, how do you know that one day isn't the day you're holding water or having hormonal issues, etc? I'm just curious about that.

That's why I weigh myself every day - I did a spreadsheet exercise once where I put a weight and set it to 1.5lbs/wk of true weight loss.

Then I added or subtracted a random number (with a max of 2), to account for weight fluctuations, and I set it to auto-populate for a month.

So really, in the end I'd have lost about 6 lbs; but I had this hypothetical person decided to weigh themselves once a week (on the Monday, for example), the very first weigh-in was on the low-end because of the weight fluctuations, the second week, the weight was even higher, and the third week was about the same as the first week.

Long story-short, had that person weighed every day they would have seen some improvement, but because it was once a week, it actually didn't look like they were losing any weight at all, which would be discouraging.
  • cassiee1234
    cassiee1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning. I like it because then I can get excited when I see the amount of grams im loosing everyday :)
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do because my weight changes so much and for a month I was only weighing in once a week with NO CHANGE. But once I started weighing myself every day I realized how much it changed every day and where 152 was the LOW end of my range, it's now the HIGH end of my range...make sense?
  • i_like_cake
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday too even though I know it isn't accurate. Even so, it is motivating to see the number everyday.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself multiple times a day but that's just silly and pointless imo. I try to wait at least a week between weigh-ins.
  • lotsohbeauty1
    Options
    Once a week. Your weight changs daily and sometimes hourly by a lbs or 2. Try to weight yourself the same day the same time. Without clothing and after going to the bathroom. (preferably in the morning)
    Jennifer Slavens!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I recently stopped my bad habit of weighing everyday so I push myself to weigh every Wednesday morning.
  • klyssamoore
    klyssamoore Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I only record it on Mondays.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh... never! I trust that being active and monitoring my food intake will give noticeable results (with time and patience!).

What gives me satisfaction is feeling more comfortable in my body, looking better in photos, and my clothes fitting better. Weight is just background noise that drives you crazy.

Throw away the scale!
    ^^^^^^^
    ABSURD!
    Tracking progress is paramount when it comes to reaching goals.
    It's just a number.
    I also track progress with bodyfat. Weight is not the whole picture, and the scale can lie as badly as the man in the mirror.
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    I like this method, because it is easy to take and the results are consistent.
    The bottom line is that we have something definitive to track progress.
    This is it.
    Good Luck!