pcos supporters please

Options
karenk89
karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
Hi im Karen 23 years old from Ireland. I have pcos the last 8 years :(. Im hoping to talk to other sufferers. Thanks :) x

Replies

• Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    There are actually groups for PCOS ladies on here. I have PCOS, have had it since I started puberty.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Feel free to add me.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too - thanks pallidprinces for mentioning the groups - i wasn't aware!

i can say that i notice if i take my BC and metformin, i have much greater success in weightloss. UNFORTUNATELY i have to be very careful with the metformin, as i am also hypoglycemic and i found out, in a bad way, that metformin lowers your blood sugar.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    I have PCOS and am managing with diet and exercise. Feel free to add me, I'd love to give support.
  • natfernan16
    natfernan16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i myself have pcos and i am such a yo-yo dieter. its hard for me to get pass my last of 200 lbs. i at least want to reach my 190lbs. but i aint giving up.
  • ChazMadison
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 17 years ago. Still managing...mostly
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS w/IR. Feel free to add me!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS around 25 years ago (I am now 55yrs)by laparoscopy when I was trying to get pregnant. I also have severe endometriosis and irregular periods. After being on fertility drugs for about 5 years I managed to get pregnant and have a 21 yr old healthy son. Other than the time I was trying to get pregnant I was treated with birth control pills to get regulated. I managed to live with it all these years and am so happy to be approaching menopause.