206.3 lb newbie needs friends!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm 47 years old, female, 5'1 and ready to start on this journey. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of! Having said that, I know the best way to get motivated is to make some friends ;-)

Replies

• Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'll add ya! Glad you are starting on this journey!
  • ontrack2day
    ontrack2day Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started this week. It is to early to know if it is working but I am moving more. Good luck.
  • DeniseK66
    DeniseK66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me, I am 46 and would like to get to 135 also.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and i'm currently at 213. I would love to get down to 150. Friend request sent.
  • Smooney32
    Smooney32 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started on Sunday and I am so motivated. Good luck on your journey.
  • bconrad64
    bconrad64 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 47 years old and I just started today. Good luck.
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 65. I started at 214. Good luck on your journey. Slow and steady is my motto. I took a while to pack it on and I am slowly taking it off. Sending a friend request.
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I've been here about 3 weeks, so I am new too.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the right place to be! I am 57 and had a metabolism that was not moving until I got moving and changed my habits. The support here is great. Feel free to add me if you need more support:-)
  • Laney1966
    Laney1966 Posts: 3
    Options
    The more friends and support you have the better. As each of us can bring to the adventure something new and different. I have been doing this since the end of May. I will add any or all.
    Just remember don't get frustrated if you hit a plateau, it happens; just keep plugging through.

What I need help with is how to get exercise without a lot of stress on the joints. I have had an unfortunate accident a few months ago and now am unable to exercise in the normal fashion now (unable to do high velocity, joint impacting exercises) and have difficulty with long distance walking due to my injury.
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    add me if you want!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm at 220 (I'm 5'6") and my initial goal is to get down to 150 lbs., although I would actually like to eventually be 135. Going to add you now, we can help each other stay motivated!