feeling lightheaded.. help please!

Options
13»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    1. You say you aren't eating all your calories. Eat more.
    2. See your doctor. It's probably not a big deal, but you really need to know for sure.
    3. Don't believe any diagnosis you get on the internet from people with no or unknown medical qualifications who don't know you personally.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Are you an athlete? If so, then your heart rate and blood pressure are fine. Athletes typically have lower blood pressures and heart rates b/c their cardiovascular systems are so efficient.
    Um no, if her blood pressure is causing her problems it's not fine.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have low blood sugar and have found that eating simple sugars (fruit, not candy), followed by complex carbohydrates (whole grains) really helps to level me out so that it doesn't drop like that.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have low blood sugar and have found that eating simple sugars (fruit, not candy), followed by complex carbohydrates (whole grains) really helps to level me out so that it doesn't drop like that.
    There's no indication that she has low blood sugar.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Your heart rate is fine. I would be concerned about your BP, though. Don't get up suddenly. AND, as a nurse, I need to tell you you may need to see your doctor. Labs to be drawn.. You may be anemic.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It could be a series of things. From malnutrition, not eating enough, to hypotension or low blood suger. I was feeling lightheaded today. We did glucos levels at school today, turns out my blood suger was really low. U might want to check with ur doctor. better safe than sorry.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There's no indication that she has low blood sugar.

Perhaps I should have added that I discovered my low blood sugar when I had the same thing happen to me. I would definitely suggest getting checked out at the doctor, at any rate. Blood sugar can dip even if you don't have a chronic problem with it, just from not eating enough.