Weird weight gain...help!!!!

Options
When I started my weight loss journey I lost 4 lbs when I added a trainer( last friday) and MFP I gained 7 lbs overnight (last Sunday) and it hasn't come back off! Why did I have the gain and why won't it come off?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry - what do you mean by 'added a trainer'?
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    it hasnt come off-in 3 days???!!!

My guess is salt intake.... or if you have done a lot of exercise or started lifting then water round the muscles to help them repair-if youre a lady then hell I can put on 7 pounds easily the week before TOM....

Um my advise is stick with it and dont expect miracles to happen within a few days. Follow MFP, exercise, drink plenty of water and weigh yourself once a week. Simple.

Emma.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles really sore after working with the trainer? I find when mine are sore, I weigh more ...very similar to the poster above me's comment.

Weigh yourself once a week and relax....weight loss is not a straight line. It looks more like the stock market
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles really sore after working with the trainer? I find when mine are sore, I weigh more ...very similar to the poster above me's comment.

Weigh yourself once a week and relax....weight loss is not a straight line. It looks more like the stock market
    ^ too funny so true :laugh:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey I lost 4 lbs when I added a trainer( last friday) and MFP I gained 7 lbs overnight (last Sunday) and it hasn't come back off! Why did I have the gain and why won't it come off?

Unless you ate a surplus of 24,500 calories you know it's not fat.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate a surplus of 24,500 calories you know it's not fat.

Exactly.... Hell I would love to try and eat that amount of surplus calories in aweek, maybe in the form of cake but I think even I would struggle with that !!! lol