Hydroxy cut

Options
Does anybody have any info on this stuff, It seems to be working real well for me

Replies

• amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I was just watching a documentary with some guy who was in a hydroxycut commercial, he was also on steroids. I don't know how well it works, but that sounds like a scam to me.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think it makes your heart rate unsually high or something and that is how it makes you burn more calories (could be wrong but I am pretty sure it is something like this). That sounds unhealthy to me. I would just try to loose weight the healthy way (without pills) unless you have talked to your doc. about it! She/He will be about to tell you about the risks at least! If you want to keep with it I would encourage you to at least ask a professional!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Google Hydroxycut. It was recalled before. I wouldn't take it even if it is a new formulation

God know what it does to your system now
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I have a friend who took it and it made her sick. As soon as she stopped taking it, she gained back twice as what she lost.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Last I heard about it, it was being recalled. I dont trust any of those diet pills. Eat right and exercise...it works for everyone. Without harmful effects on your body.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I took it before but did not like the side effects just do it the natural way now.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I tried taking it over the summer, and did not like how it made me feel. I was irritated most of the time and felt anxious. I also knew I was cheating myself and should rely on building a healthier lifestyle and not a "magic" pill. After a few weeks, I stopped.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I took it before but did not like the side effects just do it the natural way now.
    I did the same! YUCK !!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My mom tried to get me to use it starting when I was like 16, and I kept trying until the big recall. First off, I don't know about the new formula, but the old formula was recalled for causing serious liver problems, which should give you pause. Second, I never took it for more than about two weeks at a stretch. The first day or two, I felt fine, and then I started getting more and more anxious and jittery until eventually I was just plan sick. You are better off losing weight naturally, without supplements like that, in part because when you artificially (read: not through exercise) alter your metabolism to lose weight, you're more likely to gain the weight back when you stop altering it. Another reason: the liver issues were just the problems they got CAUGHT for. Who knows what other side effects there are?

At the end of the day, I think you should consult your doctor. We're basically all amateurs giving you anecdotal evidence, and your health is something that requires expert advice.
  • mooresparadise
    Options
    I took this so called magic pill on and off for almost 2 years. If you want to loose weight fast that's the pill. However as soon as you stop taking it you will put on more weight than when you originally started! Also the side effects are horrible to say the least. You will turn into a completely different person. There is no question in my mind that there is no such thing as "the magic pill!" There is no reason why you need to shed weight that fast when you are making the "lifestyle change!" I feel great after 10 days of healthy eating and good exercise!! The healthier lifestyle has improved every aspect of my life and I love it!!

Jeff Moore