Ladies: body frame & height & BF% What's ur goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• My_Own_Hero
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm 5'11.5" barefoot
    My body fat goal is ~19%
    My goal weight is 155lbs
    My jeans goal is size 6 (US)
    And I think I have a medium frame...but I'm not sure.

Oh, and I'm not sure of my current body fat %. According to one website I am 26% BF, but I don't know if that is accurate.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    18% body fat is not unrealistic. But it definitely won't be easy either. At that weight you're starting to seem muscular rather than toned. It's a percentage professional athletes are on.

Not a lady here. But this is not true. Professional atletes are somewhere between 5-10% depending on the sport. Also, 18% BF is slightly toned. You won't look muscular at 18%.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    18% body fat is not unrealistic. But it definitely won't be easy either. At that weight you're starting to seem muscular rather than toned. It's a percentage professional athletes are on.

Not a lady here. But this is not true. Professional atletes are somewhere between 5-10% depending on the sport. Also, 18% BF is slightly toned. You won't look muscular at 18%.
    the 5-10% are the men, even pro athlete women are usually in the 12-18% range, and varies by person and sport. Women naturally have more fat than men. Women have essential fat of 10-12%, whereas the essential fat on a man is in the 3-5% range.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    body frame: medium
    height: 5'2"
    current bf: 20-21%
    goal: 17%

I want to have rock solid body & I hate the soft, feminine look
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My stats:

5'3
    CW: 135
    GW: 130
    Current size: 4

I think my frame is small and I really have no desire to go down in clothing size. I am currently working on building muscle which will hopefully reduce my body fat %. I don't know my body fat % currently. I think it is in the 23 - 25% range, at least if I did the caliper thing right.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11, 145lbs. I'm around 20-21% body fat (as per my scale). I don't work out as much as most, my weight is maintained by diet, but I'm very active. My goal weight was 155, but my body decided it liked the 140's better. I'd be happy anywhere between those 2 numbers.

I'm VERY happy with this. I'm strong, slim and healthy. I feel no need to go much farther.

I'm a size 4/6. Small Shirts. Smaller clothing that I've ever been. Actually I kinda feel like there should be a 1 in front of the 4/6. That's my normal. Not this. Not that I'm not happy with the work I've done - I worked my a** of literally. But it's very shocking that I found the willpower and determination to do what I did.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5, currently 182.6, and very small boned. Most of what I'm carrying is fat.

I know I don't look good much extra fat, it goes to my face and belly. So I want to be on the low end of normal. Around 120 pounds (115 is as low as I would go, and I once I get back in the 120s, I never want to see 130 again!), maybe 20% ish percent body fat?

At one point I was a 36-24-34, but I was 19 years old, so I'll settle for getting my hourglass back. Right now I'm bigger on bottom than on top, which sucks, because I'm short, it makes my waist go away. Although I think I'm starting to find it again. Yay!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Body Frame- Big hips-pear!
    Height- 5.6"
    Body Fat- 29.0%

Goal- 130-135lbs
    Current- 149lbs
  • wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    cw: 340
    gw: 190
    highest wt 413
    Large framed

Since I have been way overweight my entire life, my goal of 190 probably seems very high for many... but for me I would be perfectly content to simply be out of the 200s and into a size I can buy at the store.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Body frame: small
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 123 lbs.
    Body fat: 19%
    Clothing size: 2-4

Goal: Gain a few more pounds and have same body fat.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a medium frame. I'm not concerned about weight anymore but I would like to be at 18% bf. Right now I'm about 20% according to my scale. If I have to gain a few pounds to get there I'm good with that too.
  • cinmorrow
    cinmorrow Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new (just signed up today)... how do you find out your BF%?
  • Hownow37
    Hownow37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    goal 140 (muscle means I will never see 130-135 again)

chest 36
    waist 32 (goal 26-28)
    low hip 42 (goal 40) accommodates bone structure;
    upper hip: I will always have a butt and no one ever complains about it anyway.

That puts me in size 10 pants to accommodate hips with the waist altered to a 6/8. A-line skirts will go to an 6/8.

Not that it makes any real difference but it was very nice to find out according to the sewing/fashion industry I am an hour glass rather than a pear as long as the shoulders are equal to the hips
  • Tsfppb
    Tsfppb Posts: 3
    Options

Just wanted to say that women professional athletes are lowest at 12% our bodies don't work below that. He was talking male professionals. Women usually range 13% to 18% and at 18% you would have muscle definition but definitely not look to muscular most fitness models are between 15% to 18% if they are still softer looking and have curves.
  • jcragsdale
    jcragsdale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 51 years old, and 5 ft. 3 in. My measurements are 36,27,36 and I weigh 134.6 pounds. I have small bone structure and am going for 120 pounds as my goal. My current body mass index is 24. I am currently doing Insanity with Mary Arr as my Beach Body Coach. Love the Insanity program. It is a bit difficult, but allows me to be focused, and my husband and I are seeing results. In addition to the exercise program, I am on a food management program of 1200 calories and less than 30 fat grams prior to counting exercise. On this food program, I do 1 to 2 shakes a day. I thought my husband would throw a fit about the food management, but he is actually following it and not complaining. He has now decided to for go the 2 Powerades a day due to high calories and sodium. According to my information on Beach Body, I am within average range. You might check out their site at
    teambeachbody.com . Good luck.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options