What is your favorite sport to play? and why?

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I would have to say......volleyball. I played in high school. its just fun to me, and competitive.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Swimming & football (soccer) as midfielder. Swimming is a good cardio workout while at the same time conditions your muscles while soccer helps strengthen my legs. Plus soccer a team sport so I love the camaraderie & teamwork spirit.

Also I used to play basketball as a shooting guard when I was in college.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    basketball, it involves strategy, chemistry and skills. it's also a blast in terms of workout intensity.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    right now its soccer, i love being on a team and learning from others. And of course cause you're having fun and working out really hard.

i also like football and basketball, so much fun!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Ice hockey because I'm one angry mofo!!
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Jell-O Wrestling
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    1st volleyball ive played since i was in elementry im tall and I have a mean spike.
    2nd football of course im not talking about the sissy two hand touch or flag football but the nitty gritty down and dirty football getting all muddy with the boys gotta love it! =)
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Jell-O Wrestling

Want a buddy? :P:laugh:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Martial arts, primarily. I always feel I'm learning.

And climbing because it's a good physical and mental challenge.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Volleyball is my sport. I play 3 nights a week during fall and at least once a week during the summer. I also play in all the sand and mud volleyball tournaments around town during the summer. It's so much fun!
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    I love volleyball.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Basketball, because I've played my entire life & I'm a beast.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Soccer! I never played until I was 35 but once I started playing I was hooked. Both women's and co-ed teams. It is such a fast paced game with a lot of sprinting, so it's such a great workout; and it feels so good to get past your opponent!
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Baseball, it's always been my favorite sport to play :)
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    dodge ball with all the neighborhood kids! there are some that drive me nuts so i take it out on them in dodgeball!!!!! hahahahah:laugh:
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Because people scoff @ bass fishing as a sport- my runner up would be softball- I love to be outside and have played since I was a little girl... plus it's the only time I can get by with spitting and not get looked at like I just comitted a crime.
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding.

I don't like teams - there is always someone who thinks their way is the best, in snowboarding I have the freedom to do what I want, how I want, when I want. If I struggle with something I keep pushing forward until I get what I want. There is no better feeling than flying through the air and sticking a landing - it is by far the worlds best stress reliever, when I strap on my board all worries, fears, angers just disappear and my mind is clear and I am happy.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mud Football. Which is just football played in a muddy field on purpose. Used to play it every Saturday we could in high school and college
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Table tennis aka ping pong!
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My favorite sport is more on the extreme side....paintball. I've played competitively off and on since 2001 and just got back into it serious at the beginning of the year. It's a great cardio workout because of how fast the points are turned around and there is lots of running, sliding, and diving involved.