Day 1

Options
Hi everyone! I am 28 years old and have been struggling with my weight since puberty. The weight just slowly keeps creeping up until I now find myself with over a hundred pounds to lose, scary to say. I have done a fair amount of nutrition research, and some food journaling over the past months, so I know what I need to do, and today is the day when I put the plan in action. I am not a fan of working out, but I have set up a routing using My Fitness Coach for the Wii. It's reasonably fun, and I got a good workout. My doctor wants me to work out 3 hours a week, but I am staring with 2, since I haven't worked out in a pretty long time. My first goal is to lose 10% of my current weight: 25 pounds. I know this is going to be a LONG process, so I am considering this Day 1 of the rest of my life. With all of the support I have: my family, my boyfriend, my doctor, and all of you wonderful people, I know that this is going to be the time when I actually do it!

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congratulations & welcome to Day 1. Take it one day at a time!! Keep your positive energy & surround yourself with things & people that will make you successful! I started using MFP "religiously" one year ago, in December & I've lost almost 60 lbs now. But more then that, I've gained confidence, strength & a new lease on life! I wish you the best in your journey!!

You can do it!!
  • Horseluver123
    Options
    Wow! Cheers to you!:flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    welcome and congratulations on taking the first step! It is a long journey when you have that much weight to lose, i know! The thing that seems to keep me going is to not look at it as a long haul, alot of weight, etc. and break it down in small goals... 5 pounds, 10 pounds, etc... That way MENTALLY you get ALOT of milestones and accomplishments to keep you motivated, and then before you know it 50 pounds is gone... and you keep pluggin along.

Good luck to you!
  • littlejazzbird81
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel more motivated already!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    You can do it! Know that we are all here cheering you on! I have a ton of weight to lose, but like people said earlier, I am taking it one day at a time, and looking more at smaller, more achievable goals along the way. This place is GREAT for support, whether you are doing well or have fallen off the wagon. No one here judges you. Take advantage of MFP! :flowerforyou: Happy Journey!!!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    littlejazzbird,

I'm in almost the same boat as you -- 29 years old and wanting to get healthy by 30 (in May -- yipes!), started gaining weight at puberty, have had periods where my weight stayed relatively stable, then would gain gain gain lose some then gain again (ah, college). I've been researching nutrition and trying all sorts of weight-loss methods for about a decade now -- I think I've finally learned, though! :laugh:

Today was my "day 1" as far as doing diet and fitness plan together (doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred).

Best of luck to you!!

-Mande