Question for the Ladies!

Options
Hi all,

I've been wondering this for a while so hope you can shed some light. Does being on your period cause your body to hold water? I've noticed for the last few months that I have a slight gain of like half a pound around my period then I'll stick at that weight for a few days before starting to lose again.

I know its a bit TMI but I need to know!!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    In all these years you haven't noticed that you tend to bloat while on your period?
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    yes- you'll boat and retain water a few days from your homones changing. Then it'll release and go back to normal.
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    No I don't bloat during my period, the odd thing is I bloat horrendously mid cycle around ovulation (sorry TMI!)
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    Very normal. In fact, if you are only seeing a fluctuation of .5 lbs in weight you are lucky...

....I gain sometimes 4 pounds during TOM!!
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh my God I would fall to pieces if I gained 4lbs lol!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    YEP! Pretty common for most women around that time of month. Drink plenty of water and avoid sodium, it will help reduce the bloating.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    In all these years you haven't noticed that you tend to bloat while on your period?

You're a bit of a smartarse I've noticed... you should probably consider the fact that the reason most of us are here is to lose weight, so bloating might not have been as noticible before to her as it is now that she's lost weight?

To answer the question, yep I bloat too and usually gain about a pound for those few days

Drink loads of water
    x
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    Oh my God I would fall to pieces if I gained 4lbs lol!!

i fall to pieces when i gain 1
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I go up about a pound on day 2.
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    yeah I gain around 3 to 4 pounds in day 1 or 2 but on day 4 it drops off plus a pound. but goes back when aunt flow leaves town. lol my weight it NUTS during my cycle. (as if im not on enough of an emotional roller coaster)
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Think you're all mighty lucky, I gain between 4-6lb :cry:

Marie xx
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I gain 5 pounds! Before my period...during my period...and lose it a few days after. It's awful!
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Some peoples bodies change I didn't used to bloat and I still don't every month every person is different
  • FadedFreckles
    FadedFreckles Posts: 81 Member
    Options

You're a bit of a smartarse I've noticed...

I frikin love you Dani! Mwah x
  • peacheznlace
    peacheznlace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's normal. I tend to retain up to 5lbs of water a week before TOM and then start shedding it during and after. Reason #542 why I hate to weigh myself one week before.
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    definitely normal. I actually find myself gaining about a week before and it doesn't come off until a week after. Frustrating is an understatement. On average, I put on between 3-5 lbs...sucks.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself the week before....the numbers on the scale are lying to you. Just don't do it or you'll be sad haha
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Beer I had my baby I hardly ever got bloated around that time. Now I can gain up to 8llbs. 8llbs!! I stopped weighing myself and stick to nice flowey dresses. Truly sucks.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Oh my gosh, my weight goes up an average of 5 pounds at that time! It's consistent, and it's always gone afterwards. It may have something to do with the fact that I crave salt like crazy, lol.