Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Digital vs Dial Scale??

Hi FitnessPals...

DIGITAL vs DIAL SCALE - Which do you suggest? Any particular brand/model (I'm trying to keep cost $30 or below)

I've currently been weighing in once a month using the digital scale at my Dr's office but I'd like to purchase a scale for home just to give me peace of mind & see how I'm progressing before my next visit.

Any feedback would be appreciated, THANKS!! :happy:
-Kate

Replies

• staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    I have a digital, just because it is easier to see parts of lbs.. as long as you are using the same one each day it really doesn't matter too much... although the analog one would never need the batteries replaced. :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I like a digital scale just because it's easy to read. Walmart has them for under $20. Mine isn't fancy, but it's accurate.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i have both. digital is more precise.
  • I've found that most scales vary a little. Its actually kind of surprising how bad they can vary. When I got weighed at the doctor's office with one of those old school scales with sliders there was almost a ten pound difference from all the digital scales I've ever used.
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    I've looked for some at Walmart. They seem to have good choices for both that are cheap. I personally like the digital cause its easy to read.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Got my digital from Canadian Tire and it was
    right around 25 dollars. It was a great investment and
    it seemed to me like a good price for a quality product.
  • dkimbriel
    dkimbriel Posts: 17 Member
    Most important thing is to weigh at the same time of the day with the same clothing on (I do naked). My doc's scale is about 4 pounds heavier than my home one but I am not naked at the doc's office. It's more important to know if you are losing or gaining, than what you actually weigh. And remember, if you work out in the heat (like in Texas), you will hold water the day after a long workout from the sports drink.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    When I'm home...I use both a digital and an old two ton health o meter to verify my weight.
  • miramar7
    miramar7 Posts: 2 Member
    Good points!
  • Thanks everyone for the advice!

Keep up the good work =]