Like minded support/friends with lots to lose!

Options
Hello all, now that I am steadily back on the wagon (for about 2 weeks and had reset all) I would like some like minded people to surround & be surrounded with for support!

People who like me have 50+ pounds to lose ( or 30, 40 - 100 lol), or those who are well on their journey to losing a significant (relate-able to me, I know it's all significant :) amount, or those who have lost such an amount and are maintaining, and can be a great inspiration!

My first goal is to lose 50 than will re-access ( I have been successful on here before losing 30 and lost my way)
I am 29 and 5'6" and live in Canada, my super power is sarcasm :bigsmile:
I do not aim to always be under my calorie goal. It is a guideline... I aim to be between 1400-1500 most days with a spike once or twice a week of a few calories more.
I work a lot, and therefore do often resort to eating out, but do my best to pre-plan/log my food and usually aim for salads with chicken and such "healthier" options.... but not always. lol I do my best. I log it, I account for it, and I will probably almost always have a treat on the weekend, but not a whole cheat weekend :)
I am slowly getting back on the workout wagon as well. For now aiming for 3 x 30min a week at a minimum, and will build on that and add strength training.

So like I said looking for like minded, positive ( but hilarious, witty, sarcastic, random etc!) support. Please feel free to add me but please also leave a little message when you do!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Magenta :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    *crickets chirping* :laugh:
  • Kalola11
    Kalola11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't exactly fit into the 50 lbs to lose category (any more), but I love wit and sarcasm -- so, there you go! We're friends. Let's do this!

For the record, in 2008-2009, I lost a total of 67 lbs. It was GREAT! And I'd love to support or encourage you in any way I can.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    Great! thank you :)
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    Hey girl! I like you. Let's kick this weight off together!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    Anyone needing support... add me... i am here all the time!! :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You had me @sarcasm. I have 40 pounds (Ive already lost 40) to lose so add me if you like
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get to my first 50lbs before my holiday in October where (lying down and breathing in) i WILL be wearing a bikini!
    Feel free to add me if you need some support or motivation, we can do this!
  • merls74
    merls74 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm in that range and the wit and sarcasm is a bonus! :wink:
    Feel free to add me and anyone else for that matter.
  • keconrad6485
    keconrad6485 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I'm happy to be friends with anyone who is a positive source of support and I promise to be the same :happy:
  • Magenta15
    Options
    YAY thanks everyone :) I have added those of you who didn't already add me!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm on here pretty frequently and I try to be supportive to all my friends.
    I'm 25 and have lost 17 of the 63 pounds I have to lose since I got serious about this. Honestly once I hit my initial goal of 155 (I'm 5'8" and I really liked my figure at that weight back in the day) I may reassess and try to move down to 145.
    Any one feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm Here If You Need Positive Support & Encouragement:):) We Can Do This Together!! Never Give Up On Your Goals!! Feel Free To Add Me To Your Friends List!!
  • smdickin
    smdickin Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello! I wanted to pose a question for everyone. I like to stay active,and I love going out with friends and co-workers for lunch and dinner. When friends come into town, or when we're catching up, we typically start with dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants with low calorie options? I want to cut calories and lose a few pounds, but I have no intention of losing my social life. Just glancing at the Cheesecake Factory's nutrition facts makes me cringe, and I can only imagine how many calories are in Italian pasta dishes. Of course I plan to step up my exercise regimen on these days, but I wanted your input on restaurants and dishes you enjoy! Thank you in advance!
  • osusars
    osusars Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello! I wanted to pose a question for everyone. I like to stay active,and I love going out with friends and co-workers for lunch and dinner. When friends come into town, or when we're catching up, we typically start with dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants with low calorie options? I want to cut calories and lose a few pounds, but I have no intention of losing my social life. Just glancing at the Cheesecake Factory's nutrition facts makes me cringe, and I can only imagine how many calories are in Italian pasta dishes. Of course I plan to step up my exercise regimen on these days, but I wanted your input on restaurants and dishes you enjoy! Thank you in advance!

I usually just pull up the restaurant's menu and work from there. I LOVE ribs, so I calculate it out so that I know how many I can have or if I'm eating a high cal meal, I only eat a portion of it.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I dont live in the states so I can't help you as much as I'd like... but I love to eat out so when we do unless I am really treating myself, I stick to broth based soups and dinner salads with dressing on the side or chicken breast burger (or whatever burger) with side salad, and dinner entrees like steaks,etc just ask for the seasonal veggies not done in butter or oil etc.

I also LOVE mexican so I will allow myself some chips and salsa and then order the fajitas minus the tortillas... that way I have all the fixins and the chicken or steak... and a bit of the rice if I want to account for that.

Same with chinese places often have a "healthy" section on the menu where they have steamed the veggies etc. so maybe pick one treat side and then steamed veggies etc.

hope that helps! :)
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I also do this, pull up the menu, see what the values are there, and pick what i am going to have later :)

I usually just pull up the restaurant's menu and work from there. I LOVE ribs, so I calculate it out so that I know how many I can have or if I'm eating a high cal meal, I only eat a portion of it.
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 lbs to lose to hit my goal. Support is a great thing! Feel free to add me!
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadian! My goal is to lose 50 as well. I am a teacher so I am taking complete advantage of the summer to being more active and committing 100% to eating better. What I need help with is balancing work, eating right, and exercising. Add me if you would like.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    Thanks for the adds everyone! lets do this! :)
  • klalaw
    klalaw Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just send you a request! I've lost almost 40 pounds, and have another 30-50 to go.