E-Cigs!!

Options
I wanted to know if any of you are familiar with e-cigarettes? If, yes do you use them and which brand???

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I used to sell em until my payment processor dropped me.... I have the Ego/Rivas and use a Titanium INdulgence. If anyone wants one I can sell for wholesale prices... just want to get rid of them!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Saved my life! I'm over 2 years tobacco-free thanks to my eCig. I love this product. Don't buy at the mall or convenience stores - those are poor quality and won't last. I'd recommend a starter kit Joye 510 model, or the eGo mentioned above. Check with him for his wholesale price - the eGo is a good model.

Good luck!
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    i'm truly surprised not more responded. I guess the e-cig is not as popular as I thought it was. I personally don't smoke...anymore. I quit cold turkey 4 3/4 years ago. my friend switched over to the e-cig luci and has been using it ever since her surgery. I took a puff and i was like every former smoker would be...smitten with that inhaling sensation....now i'm battling with the thought ....should i vapor or not...i can not get the thought out of my head but i really don't want to go back to smoking again.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am 28 hours smoke free you dont want to try and fight this battle all over again just let be move on from it It may lead back to smoking I dont know any who was successfull using them to quit smoking and I have never tried it my self since a huge part of addication is doing something with my hands as much as the nictione
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i love the eCig almost as much as i enjoy smoking. the problem that i found with it is its heavy but i know a couple of people that it helped out a lot with.

my husband who smoked 2.5 packs a day quit smoking a month ago and he went cold turkey. he says if he uses the ecig it will make him want a real one even more so he opts not to use one.
  • sambo155
    Options
    I bought a starter kit yesterday after talking to some friends about it last weekend. I went to a store that only sells the e-cigs and accessories. Nice, upscale store. They had 4 brands and I bought the V2. Don't buy from convienence stores because those brands just throw out the products without taking into consideration the taste or the feel of them compared to a real cig. In the store I went to, they let me try all of them before I decided. I didn't do it to quit smoking, although if it led to that, that would be great. I bought it because I figured that if I'm going to smoke, I might as well only inhale nicotine and not the other 1000s of other harmful chemicals in tobacco cigs. Plus, it's cheaper in the long run. (Starter kit was $80; 5 cartridges are $15 and that's equivalent to about 7.5 packs of cigs.) I haven't had a real cig in 2 days and not craving one.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I used Nicoderm CQ to quit. . worked great. . you can get the generic version at Walmart. . Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • BJJDPJ
    BJJDPJ Posts: 3
    Options
    So, did you find any e-cigs you like? I have the same question - which brand and why?
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tried some E-cigs whilst trying to quit smoking, but tbh they just made me crave a real cigarette even more due to doing the smoking action but not really getting a "buzz" or quite the same feel from it. I quit completely for 2 months a while back, just went straight up cold turkey and found it by far the most effective.. It sucks for a couple of days, but you can feel your body becoming so much healthier, so much quicker than other methods. I would have kept it up had it not been that I needed to quit alcohol too.. unfortunately I had to cave in to one and it was smoking!
  • BJJDPJ
    BJJDPJ Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for replying. My husband started smoking again and my sister smokes as well. SO it is really hard when cigarettes are so easily accessible. That's why I wanted to try e-cigs. And, if I have a few drinks -there goes the will-power. Still might try them as I am not as heavy smoker as the other two. I don't even smoke at work. Crazy that I can go 8 hours without a cigarette, but choose to smoke when I am home or out.