A surprising part of my engagement

Options
So first, the best news--I got engaged yesterday! That in itself is really exciting, but on top of that, I had an unexpected surprise.

I helped my fiancee pick out the ring long ago. I never really got to try it on becuase the one at the jeweler was too small. So my fiancee bought it knowing we'd have to resize it after he asked me. But yesterday, when he asked me, i couldn't resist just putting it partway on my finger. to my surprise it slid right on!

I've only lost 13 pounds but it was enough to make the ring fit! I've tried to lose weight to fit into a lot of things before--dresses, swimsuits, pants--but never an engagement ring.

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the ring ans the weight loss! I have to get my college class ring resized due to weight loss myself, but I am waiting until I lose all the weight I want to. Congratulations, again!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Super congrats on your engagement too!

It's funny that you posted this because in the past few weeks I've lost about 5 lb and the only place i notice it is in my wedding band and engagement ring. They are sliding all over the place.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So first, the best news--I got engaged yesterday! That in itself is really exciting, but on top of that, I had an unexpected surprise.

I helped my fiancee pick out the ring long ago. I never really got to try it on becuase the one at the jeweler was too small. So my fiancee bought it knowing we'd have to resize it after he asked me. But yesterday, when he asked me, i couldn't resist just putting it partway on my finger. to my surprise it slid right on!

I've only lost 13 pounds but it was enough to make the ring fit! I've tried to lose weight to fit into a lot of things before--dresses, swimsuits, pants--but never an engagement ring.

Aww, congratulations on your engagement AND fitting into your ring! :flowerforyou: :wink: :smile:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    congratulations! wishing you all the happiness :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and the ring fitting!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Isn't it a wonderful thing? I'm very happy for you, and I hopeyou enjoy the planning and excitement of the engagement (there's so much!).

Every bit counts, and now you have a ring on your finger to prove it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: That is a wonderful story!!

Congratulations on the engagement!:flowerforyou:
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both!
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!!! And congrats on the weight loss as well! You must feel great about both!! :)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, on both counts! I hope you and your fiance have a long, happy, and healthy life together! :smile:
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is exciting news about your engagement and the ring!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement and the ring fitting! We looked at rings about 8 months ago and I have always been like a size 9 or a little bigger. He hasn't popped the question yet, but I stopped into the store a couple months ago to be resized and I am now an 8!

It's a good feeling isn't it?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! awesome story!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    that is really neato!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Here's to many years of health & happiness ....and skinnier fingers!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    COngrats on both accounts.

I am waiting for my fingers to shrink. I will be married 10 yrs in may and I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for probably about 2 years....I am hoping i will be able to soon...I refuse to get it resized bigger
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!