30 day shred adventure

Options
Tomorrow IS the day that I will begin my 30 day adventure via Jillian Michaels. Has anyone else seen positive results by doing the 30 day shred religiously? I fall off track usually half way through but this is the most I have EVER weighed since I have had kids. I don't have much support @ the house so I would really appreciate some from fellow fitness pals.:happy:

Replies

• Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Today was day 9 of my Shred. Lost inches so far, but no weight. Still, I'll take the inches!
  • Carol7Jean
    Carol7Jean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness I would eat a hat to lose some inches right now. I have gained like 20 lbs since last summer and I am feelin it so bad :( to feel tone again would make me a happy mama
  • TXBlueEyes
    Options
    I only really see results doing 30DS twice a day, or in combination with another workout every day. I've been doing 30DS for 6 weeks and I'm on level 2. Level 3 intimidates me and kinda hurts my knees (lots of plyometrics - like p90x). I go up a level once I felt I'd mastered the current level - starting with easy (Anita) then going to hard (Natalie) then overdoing it. Currently, I'm on level 2 and have been about 3 weeks. I've been doing 30DS since mid-May and I've lost 15lb of baby weight. I'm 7mo postpartum. This is how I lost the weight before getting pregnant, so I'm a die-hard Jillian Michaels fan.
  • Carol7Jean
    Options
    I have her backside workout as well. I wonder if doing both the 30 and backside one day and then the other days just the 30 day will work???? Guess it won't hurt to try
  • MomTrevKit
    Options
    Just started Jillian today! I had been walking/jogging 2 miles and had not see any results. Thinking I'll maybe do both? I don't know.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 Day Shred, but I have JM's "Master Your Metabolism" book so if The Shred is not performing like you expect..it might be diet/toxin related. Are you doing exercises and her diet plan or just the exercises?
  • Carol7Jean
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 Day Shred, but I have JM's "Master Your Metabolism" book so if The Shred is not performing like you expect..it might be diet/toxin related. Are you doing exercises and her diet plan or just the exercises?

Not sure if youre referring to me but I haven't ever truly completed the dvd yet. I do need to change my eating habits though lol. chocolate and ice cream are starting to set in the mid section.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    I always do an exercise after the shred. Always. Every other day, it's walking. On the "other" day, I'll do something like arm toning, or a pilates butt blast.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 of Shred. During Level 1 I did not loose much weight but stayed at the same level. BUT I have lost inches galore. All of my shorts I can pull up and down easily without undoing the zip and button..and they need a belt which sucks because I hate belts *laff*

Sometimes, when I am not feeling totally dead I will go walk on the tread mill for 10-20 minutes (depending on the deadness) and then 30 minutes on the recumbent bike.

And yes, it does get easier the longer you do it. I couldn't believe it but it is true!

So yeah, it does help with the inches but don't expect great weight loss doing it, at least in level 1, in my experience...
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday. I've read about people on MFP being in so much pain, throwing up after, etc - and I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. I mean, it was hard. I struggled to keep up with some of it. And I'm a bit sore in some spots today. But not as awful as I was lead to believe it would be. And I'm very out of shape.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday. I've read about people on MFP being in so much pain, throwing up after, etc - and I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. I mean, it was hard. I struggled to keep up with some of it. And I'm a bit sore in some spots today. But not as awful as I was lead to believe it would be. And I'm very out of shape.
    I started yesterday too!!!

On the plus side it wasnt so bad I would suggest NOT WALKING DOWN STAIRS after a work out... you might end up on your butt! lol. I have a friend that checks my profile everyday to make sure im doing my work outs =) helps me alot today was day 2 and I did it in the morning which was new for me... Good lucck!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think that doing the 30 day shread in addition to other workouts (like Zumba 2-3 times a week) is too much?

I have it, but kinda afraid to start it, because I don't want to stop the Zumba classes.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS religiously for 30 days straight. I had great results, not much in pounds, but definitely in inches.

I highly recommend it!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    im starting it tomrorow hopefully it turns out well!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I thought that after my first day, also. By day 3, I could hardly move...lol
  • Sazybel
    Sazybel Posts: 3
    Options
    I started this morning it was easier than I was expecting after reding lots of comments on it and decided to do it twice a Dayan least for level 1 may need to reevaluate when it gets to level 2. Also sticking to a 1200ish diet see what happens.
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    I would definitely do this workout in tandem with something else, like running or zumba or something. I did 10 days straight of level 1 and lost 4.5 inches. I plan on finishing all 30 days consecutively. I also lost about 4 lbs in that first level, but I attribute most of that to my diet.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in 30 days last summer and did lose the same amount of weight I'd been losing, but I lost so many inches and I just got more fit. Since then I've been also do many of her other videos, and I prefer to mix it up so I don't get bored. When I did the 30DS in 30, I did each level for 10 days in a row. The important thing to remember is to exercise at least 5 days a week. In her Ripped in 30 DVD she recommends at least one rest day a week, and that video is set up just like 30DS only it has 4 different levels. Keep it up, and if you miss a day, don't stress. Just do it the next day, no matter how much you hurt! Take it from someone who has lost 100 pounds! :wink:
  • Tomlinson12
    Options
    Day 12 today! Feel free to add for support!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As the others said, I didn't lose many pounds, but several inches! I'm on my 2nd time through now...not moving up levels until I can do the advanced moves with no breaks all the way through. I love JM!