My morning. Working out and cooling off... sorta - WTF

Options
2»

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    There's a C25k audio??? Where can I get it?

Free downloads on iTunes :flowerforyou:
    And free apps - I used c25kFREE by Zen Labs - works great, no watch-checking, it plays a tone and a voice command telling to start walking, begin running, etc. You can play your own music with it too, and it lowers the music volume for the voice prompts so you don't miss a thing.

There is also here:

http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm

Or what I use here (I believe these are available on iTunes as well):

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Cold showers seems to be the common approach coupled with more cool off time. I wish I could take ice cold showers but I have a rare condition where go into an almost tourett type state until I warm up.
    McBully - yeah, more acceptable but the other way would keep em guessing!
    I use an app called Get Running on my iPhone with my very stylish arm band. Makes me look awesome while I'm hobbling and wheezing! :) I listen to my own music with only songs that match a 10 minute mile beat. Or so Jog.fm says. Today was my W3D2!!

P.S. I imagine a Willy Water Bug would be the most frustrating way to cool off.
    P.P.S. Don't do a Google image seach of water willy at work when trying to remember aforementioned item. haha!!!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, but it is worse here because I have long hair to blow dry and gobs of make up running down my ever so sweaty face. Stand naked in front of a fan after your cold shower. Everyone at the gym will LOVE that.

In all seriousness, I have found that a 10 minute yoga stretch after my run in the morning helps me to cool down. If I try to get ready too quickly after running it seems as if it takes HOURS to cool down. Even if I take a cool shower.

Yoga is always my answer. To almost any question. So, there you have it.
  • cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I usually work out indoors but even then I need to take a 10 minute water break at the end of my workout before I shower. If I'm in a rush and I don't relax for those 10 minutes, then I tend to sweat after my shower...it's gross! (I call it my George Costanza moment - if you're a Seinfeld fan...)

My shower didn't take
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm not the only one!! It takes me forever to cooldown after a workout, no matter the time of the day. When I'm on the road I try to workout before I go to the institution for work. I have to get up three hours before I leave. The first to workout, an hour cooldown, and then an hour to get ready. If I try to rush the cooldown I end up miserable for hours afterwards because I'm so sticky.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes. As in, cool down, take shower, and still be sweating... Yes! However, I took a page from a pro hockey team. I can't remember which team it is, but, they have a slushy machine in their locker room, and, after a game, they drink one. Why? It cools the players core temperature faster which (according to a report that I didn't conduct) allows for recovery and healing to begin faster after activity.

So, when I need to cool down really fast, I take my magic bullet, some crush ice and water, and blend. I get essentially a water slushy. Seems to help and stop the sweating faster than a cold shower does.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Im fair skinned so I pretty much look like a tomato for an hour after i work out. I live in florida so maybe all this perspiration is normal... nobody will notice right? Nothing like trying to pull on a pair of jeans after workout & after shower & you cant seem to ever dry off! I swear these pants fit 3 days ago!? WTF!

My trick is crushed icewater & i drag a fan in the bathroom while im getting dressed, both seem to help a little!

Atleast we all seem to be pretty normal!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ahh the Yoga, I finally got my DVD working so I shall try that also.

Ok, you guys really got me interested in this ice water thing. Maybe I could blend it really well, throw some Mio in it and call it a slushie!!