Scale stop; Maintenance mode?

Options
Something doesn't make sense. This past week I worked out 3 days for an hour at a time burning 500+ calories each session. I ate within my calorie range for 6 of those days, the 7th day being a little binge. Plus, I did the hardest workout ever on one of those days and burned 800+ calories.

So I was shocked to go to my scale and find I didn't lose any weight, but I lost 2 inches in my hips. Granted, I do usually workout 5 days a week, but still, I had pretty tough workouts those 3 days. And I don't think it matters, but I did lose 4 pounds the past 2 weeks, so I should be steady.

What really makes me wonder is... when I go into maintenance mode, I will have to eat 2400-2600 calories not my 1600 calories now. I can't understand how I wouldn't gain weight. If I can't lose weight eating 1600 calories and working out 3 times a week now, how am I going to keep my weight in maintenance mode?

Replies

• glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    trial and error I suppose,we have to get to what works for us
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    2 inches off your hips is HUGE!
    I would say you most likely just are retaining some water to go with your new muscles

Sometimes the scale is not a good reflection of what is happening with your body.
    Measurements are better.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    One week without a loss is not a good measure to how your body will respond in maintenance. If you worked out super hard, you are probably retaining some water in your muscles. Once you get to maintenance, play with the numbers until you find the ones that work for you.