Anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You can look at my before and now and you decide if its worth it. Then you can show your mom and ask her if she thinks you are wasting you time,

20062011compare-1.jpg

I think the " I am afraid of loose skin " thing is a cop out.... its worth it. Its better than being fat, and its a whole lot healthier. TRUST ME!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have loose/sagging skin. I punished my body and stretched it to it's limits, these are the consequences. There is not a moment though, that I would EVER have the thought that the loose skin was worse than the actual weight itself. When the weight comes off and you see yourself in the mirror, that loose skin is such a small thing compared to the health, the new lease on life that you will gain. Clothes work wonders to cover the imperfections. I can hide the skin/sag for the most part. There was nothing I could ever do to hide my 328lb self.

I would never speak against your mother, but she's afraid of losing her "eating buddy" Probably so much of what you do together revolves around eating, and she's not ready to accept or understand that there is a life out there that doesn't revolve around food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!