I've reached my goal weight but.....

Options
Hi all.....

I've reached my goal weight of 125 finally!!! However I'm still not happy with how my tummy looks. I've been hitting the weights hard and steady and cut back on the cardio (dont want to fall far below my goal weight) I watch and track what I eat and I make good choices but there is this matter with the pouch. Its a lot smaller now but with all the weight work I've done I guess I expected more results in the ab department...... Any workout tips to help get this last 1-2 lbs of fat off my tummy so my abs that I've been working so hard for can finally show through. Thanks!

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You'll probably need to drop below 125 to do that. Having ripped abs is incredibly difficult to achieve and will take a long time
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This is why i think goal weights, while they are a nice target to aim toward, are ultimately pointless as what really matters is what you look like in the mirror not what the scale says.

Re-calculate you maintenance calories based on your new weight and eat in a small deficit, it will come off slowly.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    For many, many women who have had kids, it is not possible to totally get rid of the pooch without surgery. I am one of them, but my kids are definitely worth it. Are you sure it is fat and not just muscle sticking out? If it is fat, you can get rid of it on a deficit, but if it is muscle, it ain't going nowhere without help.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Tummy's in women who have had children - I believe - are hormones, have you considered having your hormone levels tested? I do saliva hormone testing yearly, it's covered by my insurance. I never thought I would have a flat belly ever again, but alas, it took a hysterectomy and I have a super flat toned stomach now. Sounds silly - but I will believe forever that belly fat and women is a large part hormones with help from core work, diet, and just decreasing body fat.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Tummy's in women who have had children - I believe - are hormones, have you considered having your hormone levels tested? I do saliva hormone testing yearly, it's covered by my insurance. I never thought I would have a flat belly ever again, but alas, it took a hysterectomy and I have a super flat toned stomach now. Sounds silly - but I will believe forever that belly fat and women is a large part hormones with help from core work, diet, and just decreasing body fat.
    Don't you have to take hormone replacements when you have a radical hysterectomy? And I also would not recommend a hysterectomy to a young woman with one child.
  • GlorytoGodalone400
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Don't you have to take hormone replacements when you have a radical hysterectomy? And I also would not recommend a hysterectomy to a young woman with one child.

You can have your hormones unbalanced and fix that without a hysterectomy. I don't believe she was recommending one for the OP.

It could be a combination of you actually needing to lose another pound or two to get the look you want or poor diet. Sodium can really make you bloated.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yoga has slimmed down my stomach area A LOT!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was in no means recommending a hysto for anyone, frankly, that's just silly unless there were other problems - just saying that was what it took to get a flat stomach after children for me. There are natural means for hormones and in my case, I didn't have ovaries removed. Prior to that I was bloated, poochy stomach, and abdominal fat... all hormone related. My friends are amazed at how my shaped changed and how I was able to get in better shape just from balancing hormones. I believe it's worth having every women have theirs checked, the saliva is the most accurate, and some practitioners don't ever even suggest it. I work with an ARNP and compounding pharmacy to go natural routes to address the issues.