Can you guys please help ME..

Options
2»

Replies

• Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    MFP assigned me to consume 1200 calories a day.. for a 2lbs lose a week..

I know you aren't supposed to ask women this... but how much do you weigh? I'm guessing that since you had a goal of 15 lbs and a 1200 calorie goal, that maybe 2 lb/wk might be too much/unreasonable for your size. Was that MFP's recommended loss rate or did you over-ride it?

Its ok.. I started out at 208.. and now im stuck at 197...
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion after looking at your diary:

You need to eat more. Do some research and find your BRM. Eat at or slightly above that amount. Also find your TDEE. Eat about 10-20% less than that number, which should be round the same number as your BRM to indicate your eating the correct amount of calories.

Cut carbs and raise protein. Also, be sure to monitor your other macros like sugar and sodium, as they are pretty high. Look into eating less processed foods, as they contain a lot of sodium.

EXERCISE!!! Walking is good, but you need to be more consistent. Get your heart rate up for at least 60 consecutive minutes a day. If you can’t find a full hour, break it up. I fit exercise in before work, on my breaks I walk, on my lunch I jog and sometimes do activities after work. Just keep your body moving.

Again, this is just MY OPINION! Take as you please, but I understand where you are coming from because I was in the same boat for three months of plateau. It wasn’t until I upped my calories, started eating less carbs and more protein & healthy fats along with varying my workouts that I started losing weight. I’ve managed to lose almost 30 pounds since April doing this.

When all else fails, do some research! Researching and reading other people’s advice in the forums helped me modify a plan I could stick to and be successful with.

Good luck!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym and free weights?
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So several of the comments here I would just hit reply and say this! You got some good comments and me telling you to do this or that would just be repetitive for many that want to respond to you with help. I'll go another way and ask what kind of support system do you have in family and MFP family. I can tell you that I would have been long gone if it wasn't for my friends on my list. They kept me going in my up and down roller coaster ride of my life change.

Just the support alone was what I needed to keep this going.

Good luck!
    Marcello
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I drink water.. just not much :0(.. About 3 glasses a day...

Okay so you should definitely drink more water. I personally dont like too much water. But I add Mio (water flavoring) to my water or Propel water packets, even crystal light. to mix it up. But these water flavorings help me get all my water in these last 2 months I have been trying to become healthy.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Fresh veggies are your friend! Remember, not all salads are created equal, so watch the cheese, dressing, and croutons. Look into clean eating, and move your diet a bit more towards it. Less processed foods (anything that comes frozen or in a box/can), and try your hand at cooking something entire from scratch. Tastes great and great for you. I find that even if I'm eating the same amount of calories, I won't lose weight eating much pre-packaged food, and I get way more food for the same calories when I make something myself.
    Get your heart rate up more. Maybe step it up more on your walks, or look into C25K, a beginner's running program. Or you can look into lifting weights, that gets your heart rate up and does great things for you too.
    More water! Lots and lots of water! Add a straw or a squirt of lemon if you are having trouble getting it in, but do get it in!
    You CAN do this! Just keep at it. Everyone hits a plateau about this far in, and it is incredibly frustrating, but you gotta own your body and keep working. Even if you aren't losing weight, you are moving towards a healthier lifestyle, and in the end, that is what matters.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The simple answer is: If you want to lose more, eat less or work out more.

If your not losing at your set goal rate, you are either eating too much (often people underestimate their intake not counting oils and other things...) or overestimating calories burned.

Your weight loss so far is great, if you want to speed it up I recommend weight training (for strength and shape) and some running (for heart and lung benefits) for their respective physical benefits, the extra calories burned will help you speed things up. Start small and work your way up! Find something you Love doing! For me its sports, I can play ALL DAY and it never feels like I'm doing it to just lose weight. I lost all my weight by just trying to work out for the calories and grudgingly went every day because my determination was that strong but... if only I found some sports sooner!
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in about 8 weeks? So you're losing an average of 1.375 lbs per week?

That's a healthy loss.

If you wanted to lose 15 lbs in about 6-7 weeks, that may have been unrealistic.
  • Curvy_princess
    Options

No I do not have access to either..:0(
  • Curvy_princess
    Options

Get a few Jillian Michaels DVDs and add those in with some running/walking/sprinting intervals. That's what I'm doing and it broke my plateau!!

I just ordered 2.. 30 day shred and ripped in 30. Also considering Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds, cause I dont have much time to get out.. I have 3 children ..
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options

Get a few Jillian Michaels DVDs and add those in with some running/walking/sprinting intervals. That's what I'm doing and it broke my plateau!!

I just ordered 2.. 30 day shred and ripped in 30. Also considering Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds, cause I dont have much time to get out.. I have 3 children ..

I don't know what area you are in, but some recreation centers and gyms offer childcare. I know that is the only reason I'm able to get to mine as often, and honestly, 90 minutes of "me-time" is a huge motivation to workout.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First of all: Drink more water. Some days it's difficult, but I've found having a bottle is much easier to drink from than a cup. As soon as it's empty, go fill it up. That way it's always there, and you're always drinking.
    Secondly: You need to eat more. I started out with the same goals as you, around the same weight, but it was making me plateau early on. I realised that even though I have 60lbs to lose, trying to do 2lbs a week was too much. I managed that once, and then ended up around 1lb regardless. So I upped my calories to 1430 a day, and I'm still losing about 1lb a week. You're rarely even meeting your 1200 calorie goal, and if you're doing exercise and not eating your calories back, it's even less. Now that I'm at 1430, I don't always eat all my exercise calories, but I always try to hit the 1300 calorie mark.
    Third: Anything can be made into free weights. I don't have any either, so when I do my 30DS dvds, I'm holding two tins of tomato soup, or two bottles filled with water.

I would probably up my exercise a bit, too, sometimes it's hard, but it can be done!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    So I decided to change my eating lifestyle as of 5/13/2012 it is 1 day shy of my 2 months..And im only down 11lbs..the scale hasn't budged in weeks. Can you guys please offer any advice on how to increase my sucess. I had a mini goal of 15 lbs by July 4th it was not met. Now I have set another mini goal for September would like to lose 20lbs. Any words of wisdom qould be greatly appreciated..

You can't directly control the scale. Why not make your goals be things you can control? Make a goal to log accurately every day this month and to hit some activity goal each week. If you hit enough of those goals month after month, you will change your body.
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    TRY SOME SASSY WATER, ITS PART OF THE FLAT BELLY DIET!, ITS GREAT TOO SASSYWATER.COM, DRINK LOT AND LOT OF WATER, EVEN REGULAR WATER, TRY TO DRINK HALF OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT.

TRY ZUMBA 4 TO 5 DAYS A WEEK, ITS FUN, ITS A GREAT CALORIE BURN, AND ITS SHAPES YOUR BODY IN TO SEXY IN NO TIME!!

HANG IN THERE, I HAVE ABOUT 12 TO 15LBS TOO, AND I HAVING LOST IN A MONTH NOW.
  • DawnCargile
    Options
    Your advice came at a time when I thought I was a complete failure at this. Just because I hadn't seen any results in weeks, I thought I couldn't loose, and then being discouraged, I would go back to my old eating habits in a mire of depression. Thank you for helping me see the bigger picture. Now I know I'm not a failure!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Look into chalean extreme, their deluxe version comes with resistance bands and resistance training will provide greater fat loss then programs like jm which are cardio based.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Look into chalean extreme, their deluxe version comes with resistance bands and resistance training will provide greater fat loss then programs like jm which are cardio based.

ChaLean Extreme is the next video I'm getting! I like being a beachbody coach! I have so many plans for my fitness! LOL
  • lisabellbowyer
    Options
    BRM?? What are you talking about? I am new here and having the same problem.