Anyone eating 1 meal & juicing 2 others?

Options
Hi! I was wondering if I could find a buddy to do this with? I'm eating breakfast & then going to do 2 meals of juice. Like tonight I had a great juice spinach, celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1 garlic clove & Himalayan sea salt - tasted like soup. I have a lot of weight to lose & just wanted to start with something new. Only exception to the eating only at breakfast is fresh berries. (My own rule) I am going to try it for 10 days & see how it works. Today was day ONE.

Replies

• Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own approach to getting fit. What you are suggesting is not what MFP suggests so I doubt you will find much, if any, support on here. Those may be high calorie meals, but still not proper portions.

Good luck!
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a big juicer! I've never done the juice fasts (1 real meal and 2 juices is a form of a fast) but read a lot about them. There are amazing benefits from juicing. We have been juicing for about 6 months now. I'm still only at one juice a day but I do it first thing in the morning and my days go so much better! good luck!
  • BaconSan
    BaconSan Posts: 14
    Options
    I plan to do it for 10 days then do regular healthy eating. I was inspired by the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". I feel I need a new approach, I've had to many other first time failures : (
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    I tried the one from Fat, Sick and Nearly dead, and it made me ill (looked and tasted like pond scum and I started to dread each time I had to have a juice). I've been looking at others and am going to try the Jason Vale juices this time.

Good luck! :-)
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I fast one day a week and it makes the scale stick. So don't panic if you don't see a change right away!
  • BaconSan
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the comments. I went to bed last night DAYDREAMING about all I can eat for breakfast but woke up this morning not hungry at all. I had ww muffin, spicy marmalade, egg beaters & 2 veggie sausage patties one of which I gave to my dog. I felt stuffed. The rest of today has been juicing. My husband is joining me on this as well so that has made it fun. He's not fat but just wants to feel more energy. Hopefully all the nutrients in the juice will do the trick. Hope all is going well for you.
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE juicing (obviously) :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am not capable of such things, I would totally be the person who drinks the big giant juice shake next to a meal...
  • monicalord
    monicalord Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Big fan of juicing. I'd like to try the eat one meal juice two. Let me know how it's going
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    There is a mate of mine on my friend list doing it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Juicing gets rid of a lot of the fiber and other nutrition that is in foods. You'd be better off making smoothies or "juices" with a VitaMix that will allow you to still consume whole foods, though in liquid form.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am just juicing until the 16th then if I feel good from there maybe longer, let me know if you want some mutual support!!! :) I don't know about you but cucumber juice MMMMMM big fan, pineapple juice too mixed with cantelope. I love this typd of cleanse because I don't feel hunger only cravings! Just remember to be careful coming off your regime and listen to your body !! :)
  • Donnatb1
    Donnatb1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a big fan of juicing. Both juicing and smoothies. I am not doing that right off the bat (I just joined today), but I do see myself evolving into that. I will be trying to eat as raw as possible, and will incorporate juicing in there as well eventually. Feel free to add me as your Friend, I will support you in this.
  • BaconSan
    Options
    Today for lunch I made a borscht juice which was just like the cold soup, the thing made it seem like a real meal food was the clove of garlic juiced.
    Recipe:
    1 beet, 7-8 carrots, 1/2 bunch flat Italian parsley, 1 garlic clove - after it is all juiced add 1 can V8 juice (pop can size) Mix together. Serve in a bowl with a tablespoon dollop of sour cream. (OK are real purist wouldn't have the V8 & sour cream but I have a long way to go weight loss wise & I don't want to make harder than it is going to be). It served 2
  • MyBoysAreCRAZY
    Options
    Good luck! Have you watched "fat, sick, and nearly dead"? I am contemplating juicing for 10 days as well...just to see if it could be positive for me. Currently, I am doing one a day but, am going to move up to two. I add 2T of psyllium husk to my juice to bulk it up some. Otherwise, I feel like I'm starving.

Opps! Nevermind about the movie...just saw that you watched it. Wasn't it eye opening?!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of juicing. Both juicing and smoothies. I am not doing that right off the bat (I just joined today), but I do see myself evolving into that. I will be trying to eat as raw as possible, and will incorporate juicing in there as well eventually. Feel free to add me as your Friend, I will support you in this.

Yes...me too...my juicer is on the counter and ready to go but since this is just day 2 on MFP, I need to get into a steady routine before I start changing everything...but I used to juice in the past with at least two of my meals...not as substitutes....
    I LOVE the taste of fresh juices and don't want to mess it up by adding protein powder so I'll eat my protein separate and have the veggie and fruit juices on their own.
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    While juicing does get rid of some fiber it breaks the produce down into micro nutrients which have amazing benefits. You just have to make sure to still get other fiber. I tend to juice half fruit/half veggies then I eat whole veggies with meals.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if I could find a buddy to do this with? I'm eating breakfast & then going to do 2 meals of juice. Like tonight I had a great juice spinach, celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1 garlic clove & Himalayan sea salt - tasted like soup. I have a lot of weight to lose & just wanted to start with something new. Only exception to the eating only at breakfast is fresh berries. (My own rule) I am going to try it for 10 days & see how it works. Today was day ONE.

How many calories will you be consuming in said meal plan?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    seems more or less ok, but you didn't say what you are going to eat the rest of the day?
  • kodakdigitalcamera
    Options
    Juicing is one of the worst methods to lose weight. You are drinking calories that you could easily go without. If its negligible then fine but if each glass has over 50 calories then skip it.