what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Played the guitar once upon a time and still play piano on occasion.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I play clarinet in middle school and high school. I still have one, though I haven't played in a while. Lost the lungs for it.
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to play flute. Marching band was my absolute fav!!! I wasn't too fond of concert band though...
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    trombone was my "specialty" but I marched baritone and could also play trumpet and tuba... I started out on french horn but just couldn't get it .. I also tried to pick up viola for a couple months in strings but gave up on that...
    my best friend is the best trombonist ever! she was lucky to play that in band because she got to sit with a bunch of guys in her section...lol
    I played trombone as well...so did my aunt and sister, and now my daughter plays in her HS marching band. My son plays flute and will pick up the tenor sax when he gets to HS.
  • feliz1
    feliz1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Clarinet in elementary and middle school. High School was Chorus.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Guitar... Although ive been neglecting it.

In HS I played the Flute and Ukulele.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bass quite well
    Guitar not so well
    Piano, even more not so well
    Drums, somewhere between guitar and piano

Here's a video of a radiohead song that my daughter asked me to post last christmas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eC25JOnUGI
  • KM11102011
    KM11102011 Posts: 41
    Options
    played clarinet, guitar
    play piano
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    Bass quite well
    Guitar not so well

Bass....upright or guitar??
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Soprano, Alto, and Bari- Sax (principle)- clarinet- oboe-flute-trumpet-tuba, anything they'd let me try- but sax was my study.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bass quite well
    Guitar not so well

Bass....upright or guitar??

I can play both.
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love the question!

Piano - I recently started playing piano again in my church!
    Tenor Sax - Have always played through college and adult with some long periods of it staying in it's case as adult with intermittent pull it out and get active for a while.
    Bari, Alto, & Soprano Sax and flute while in jazz band in college, as needed for the chart....

Always wanted to play French Horn! I LOVE that instrument and have a close friend who played well!! Such an incredible sound!

Catherine
    P.S. I sing in my church as well, so I guess my voice is an instrument, too :D
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    Flute/piccolo and voice through half of college until I realized that when everyone was practicing, I was at the bars.

Quit. Pawned the flute and piccolo to buy a car so I could get to class. Bad idea.

Changed major to English. Excellent idea.

Fast forward.

Pawned wedding rings post divorce, spotted piccolo for $30 on pawn shop shelf, purchased piccolo, played Vivaldi like an angel for a minute and used the remaining $$$ from the wedding ring to take my girlfriends out to get hammered. Excellent idea.

I still sing in the shower. :drinker:
  • Steve_FromThe_Rock
    Steve_FromThe_Rock Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I play guitar but I don't play as much as I used to
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I played the violin years ago. Would love to get back into it again.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I actually own a recording studio so I guess you can say I "play" all of the "instruments" that make it up. In high school I was the bass player and lead singer for a punk rock band. We played music like Blink 182. In middle school I played the orchestra bass in the school band. Also learned how to play the chelo and violin during that time. After I got out of school I self taught myself how to play the piano.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I play guitar. Probably couldn't tell by my pic lol. I am in a band right now, too actually. I love it :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I played clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, e flat clarinet, flute, saxophone, & trumpet. I also TRIED to learn the guitar and banjo, but I was really bad at it. Always wanted to leard the harp and violin.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Piano and violin, but I sing mainly.