what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I played the flute and piccolo. Haven't played in years though....
  • EveryoneElseIsTaken
    EveryoneElseIsTaken Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I play the cello now, but I used to play the violin until I gave it up for the cello. I also used to play the recorder.
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    I used to play the clarinet, then i moved on the acoustic guitar, then piano, now i sing! =)
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    I started with clarinet, switched to tenor sax and oboe, then went on to the bassoon as my majors. I play just about any now including brass, strings, percussion, orchestral and bluegrass....
    I love my music!
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i play piano and i'm a classically trained vocalist, though truthfully i don't especially love classical music... go figure :)

i wish i could play guitar... i bought one once at a pawn shop, but never managed to beg more than a lesson or two out of my friends who played...
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Guitar, keyboard.. but i can fake a few more instuments if i have to (i sometimes sub in music class and have to teach things like drums, and recorders)
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love music an appreciate more than preform.

I have playes/play:

Cello - but it's been a LONG time
    Trombone
    Piano
    Guitar ( ummm, ot realle, but I like to pretend when around good musicians)
    Bass guitar ( same as above)
    Percussion (aha - drums. No good. Just for fun or when someone is desperate)

I guess that's it.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    alto and tenor sax

I still play the piano, and the bells (xylophone type) and now I've added Handbells too - I'm the handbell choir director and the women's quartet (vocal) director/accompanist, and alto/soprano - depending on the song at our church.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I played the flute in 5th grade for about a half an hour.

Now I play a pretty mean classical kazoo for kings and queens.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have this strange urge to take up the violin lately ....it just came out of nowhere ..

I loved playing the violin, I can barely remember how to play, because it was almost 13 years ago since I've stopped playing. I did love it though. You should try it!
    I remember in band competitions when we would have to sight read I was always nervous....I know. now that it was because I play by ear. I feel so confident that I could learn by ear with violin!
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I play drums and I love it!
  • tikimatt
    tikimatt Posts: 23
    Options
    Bass Guitar
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The cello
    =B
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    piano then trombone!! I have a trombone tattooed on my leg
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    just bored and remembering my days of band..lol I currently only play the acoustic guitar. I used to play flute/piccolo. what did you play?

Lol, guess!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Percussion from 4th grade on through. Also dabbled in keyboard and marching baritone.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    I play a French horn in 7th grade, bass clarinet in 8th grade and I was a flag girl in 10th grade. That was the end of my music career.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Violin, Guitar and Piano. None of them very well though.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I played the snare and bass drum in junior high (a LONG time ago). Currently, I am learning to play bass, although have stalled my lessons for a bit to focus on getting in shape.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I slaaaappaaa da Bass.. Oh and I play a mean set of silver spoons...

Oh and I sure play a mean pinball