New to using MFP :)

Options
Hello!

My names Zoe.

I'm 20 years old. 5"6 and currently a UK size 12.

I began my "weight loss" in February 2012 - starting at 175 lbs. I currently weigh 158 lbs.

I'm really unhappy with my body but instead of beating myself up about it, I'm going to make a change! My ultimate goal weight is 120 lbs (I weighed this once upon a time), but my realistic goal weight is 134 lbs.

Looking for fellow MFP motivational diet buddys haha....Feel free to add me to help each other along the way :)

x

Replies

• cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Don't promise to be on everyday, although I try to be, my schedule makes it hard sometimes.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP..everyone is awesome on here...add me if youd like ..
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) Always nice to have some new friends
  • pbkrikit
    pbkrikit Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a little while. My daughter, who taught a fitness & nutrition class while attending grad school, finally encouraged her dad & I to change our eating habits. We went along with her 6 small meal plan, cut diet soda out completely (and since have not felt bloated anymore) and are drinking more water. Alcohol is a bare minimum, we have never been big drinkers anyway. It isn't a diet per say, it's learning to eat healthier in order to look and feel better. I just have to learn to stay motivated and keep moving. I am down 17 lbs and realistically I need to drop 60 lbs total. I feel that if I lose the weight I need to, then maybe it will help me to feel better. I also battle with stage iv metastatic breast cancer, but don't let it control my life. I LIVE and will continue to do so until my very last breath.... -blessed
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I hope you gain your goal, just keep at it and don't give up! =D
  • Brookeshg
    Brookeshg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also new. I weigh 257 (poor eating habits during pregnancy). You can do it. Just believe in yourself.
  • sofullofimperfections
    Options
    You can add me. Don't promise to be on everyday, although I try to be, my schedule makes it hard sometimes.

Consider yourself added! I understand, life gets in the way sometimes :)
  • sofullofimperfections
    Options
    alex3719: welcome to MFP..everyone is awesome on here...add me if youd like ..

thankyou Alex :) Added! Everyone seems lovely so far!
    Feel free to add me :-) Always nice to have some new friends

Added :)
    I have been on MFP for a little while. My daughter, who taught a fitness & nutrition class while attending grad school, finally encouraged her dad & I to change our eating habits. We went along with her 6 small meal plan, cut diet soda out completely (and since have not felt bloated anymore) and are drinking more water. Alcohol is a bare minimum, we have never been big drinkers anyway. It isn't a diet per say, it's learning to eat healthier in order to look and feel better. I just have to learn to stay motivated and keep moving. I am down 17 lbs and realistically I need to drop 60 lbs total. I feel that if I lose the weight I need to, then maybe it will help me to feel better. I also battle with stage iv metastatic breast cancer, but don't let it control my life. I LIVE and will continue to do so until my very last breath.... -blessed

So nice of you to share your story with me! 6 small meals does sound like a great idea to boost metabolism! Definitely agree with you there, it's best not to think of it as a diet, more an adjust in lifestyle and being healthier. It's sometimes hard to stay motivated, there's days everyone will not feel like working out or eating healthily but we're human. It happens. Congratulations in being down 17lbs, thats an amazing weight loss! Also so sorry to hear that you're battling breast cancer, you seem so strong! My grandmother had breast cancer a few years back but thank god she's recovered fully now! Thank you so much for sharing. Stay in touch!
  • sofullofimperfections
    Options
    Hello and welcome here hope you have a great day

Thanks Ivan :) You too!
    Welcome to MFP!!! I hope you gain your goal, just keep at it and don't give up! =D

Thank you Meaghan :) You can do it too! Deffo taking some tips from your food diaries
    I am also new. I weigh 257 (poor eating habits during pregnancy). You can do it. Just believe in yourself.

Hello Brooke :) Welcome to my fitness pal too lovely! I'm trying to haha....Best of luck to you and your goals!x