P90x Lean - Anyone?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just curious, for those who have done P90x lean, do you need as much equipment as regular P90x? I'm considering trying this to fill in for running a bit since we're reaching the time of year when the sidewalks around here are sheets of ice nonstop, and its just not worth the risk of injury to run. I don't have a lot of floor space to work with, but I can make do. Any input would be appreciated.

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    The only difference between Lean & Classic is the rotation of the workouts. Classic has three days of strength training, 2 cardio days, 1 yoga day, & 1 rest/stretch day. Lean replaces one of the strength training days with a total body workout (it's called Core Synergistics and is by no means a cake walk).

Personally, I suggest Classic all the way.
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    The cardio workouts are a little different and the strength training routines are arranged differently. You still need weights or bands and a way to either use the bands for lat pull downs or a pull up bar.

Since you are a runner you should be fine with Classic X.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    You need the same equipment for Lean as you do for Classic (I've done both versions): dumb bells (or bands), yoga mat, and pull-up bar (or you can get a door attachment and then use the bands for that too). Neither way takes up a whole lot of room. Have fun!