Marriage & meals

Options

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Do your Husbands help make grocery lists each week?

No, and he's happy that I handle all the food. Over the years I've become very adept at couponing, sales shopping and feeding us for a fabulously low amount. If HE did the shopping...well...he just doesn't have that kind of patience and dedication for the tediousness of it. To me, shopping for food is like a game, and each month I try to beat my low score. (Yeah, we're a house full of nerds, here! LOL)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Mine does the grocery list and we shop together on the weekends.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    nope. I do it cause I like it. I use coupons and sale shop. I love math so it's kinda challenging for me. He would if I asked. There would just be alot of meat purchased. lol
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No he will not even go to the store with me. which it fine with me then I don't spend as much!!
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My husband is a MUCH better grocery shopper than I am...and as a bonus, he doesn't hate doing it as much as I do! That said, we usually go together. I do the majority of the cooking but he does help.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    No, I do the meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Noooo.
    His list is:
    Little Debbie's
    Mountain dew
    Chips
    Snickers
    Moose tracks Ice cream
    Oreos

I interpret as:
    Wasa crackers
    Diet mountain dew (still yuck)
    Baby carrots
    Sugar free fudgicles
    Flavored rice cakes

Poor guy.

lol.. too funny
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    He inputs which one of my meals he'd like to have again.... Usually I make something new each night so he is allowed to choose the repeat meals.

Plus if he goes the bill doubles.... (he's all for the healthy lifestyle, but he still likes snacks and healthy or not, they add up!)
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    (We aren't married yet, but have lived together for a while) My boyfriend is the one that does the cooking pretty much all the time. We go grocery shopping together and if I want something we get it, but he basically has an idea of what he wants to get. He also has a vegetable garden that I help with, but it is all his planning. He is a much better cook, so he makes the meals and I do the dishes! However I do make a delicious cheese pocket in the sandwich maker :$
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I plan, shop, and cook.

He eats and cleans the kitchen.

Works out well for everyone involved!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    ummm no
    he's a dude
    his job is to kill bugs,fix stuff and take out the garbage

^^THIS!!!^^

Mine could care less about a grocery list. We go together about half of the time (and spend 2x as much) but he does a lot of the cooking. His job is to work hard and make enough money so that he doesn't need to concern himself with grocery lists and errands! =)
  • breckrose
    breckrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my hubby cooks...for example it's 9:16 pm, he's about to grill sausage, no veggies nothing healthy, it's not easy!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    we grocery list and grocery shop together.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    ummm no
    he's a dude

You must be part of a new generation. Haha.
    Back in the day MEN (not dudes) would take care of the bills, fix things, take out the trash, and kill the bugs :) As well as do some shopping and childcare and cleaning.
    What happened? :(
    I'm near that generation, but we go 50/50 on everything. And the generation before me will wonder why it is that way. And so on and so forth. . .
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ummm no
    he's a dude

haha this^^^! :P Sometimes I'll ask my hubby's opinion when I'm trying to decide what types of meat to get (usually burgers, chicken, steak, or ground beef), but the only food he ever requests when I go out is Mission tortilla chips and Mad Butcher's Hot salsa. :P

I make all of the meals and do most of the cleaning in the kitchen :)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    No, but I'm not living with my husband right now. As long as I have the items he typically eats in the fridge and pantry when he is up to visit on the weekends then he's happy.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    He does not make the menus, but if he really wants something he will ask. He hates going grocery shopping, so I would rather he not go with me, because I feel more pressure to rush so he won't complain. He only goes shopping if I call him and ask him to pick something specific up on the way home from work!
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What's a grocery list? My husband makes shopping lists more often than I do. He works closer to town than I do, so he picks up essential things that we're running out of throughout the week (dish soap, granola, yogurt, chocolate...) But we go grocery shopping together. I plan, and cook most meals. He washes and helps with prep.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Nope, he eats whatever I put on his plate, and loves every bite.

I don't think he even noticed when I switched to healthy...didn't even bat an eyelash at braised kale last week....
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yep, he helps. He shops with me and pays for it too (we don't have combined finances, please don't judge we're happily married for 14 years). But our menu is pretty fixed.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax seed and blueberries. He adds OJ too.
    Lunch: Salad made mostly of items from our garden. I add chicken to mine. He supplements with whatever I cook that week.
    Dinner: varies

Every week we pick two or three dishes for me to cook and that's dinner for a few nights plus his lunches. Eggplant lasagna, pasta salads, rosemary chicken... things like that.

He also picks out fresh fruit and cuts it for snacks for the week.