no just feed me,
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    He does not.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Do your Husbands help make grocery lists each week?

ABSOLUTELY! We keep a running list on the fridge. I work full time, he's an OIF/OEF Veteran who's in back in school, so we split the cooking too. I could do it all, but after a long day, I'm often so wiped that if it was just me, dinner would be apples and peanut butter. He eats, he can cook. And he's good at cooking, so he helps with the grocery list. The fact that he actually uses and follows recipes makes grocery shopping that much easier. (I prefer to play culinary roulette and will use whatever I have on hand to make a meal.)

Since our schedules are so hectic, we actually have our "old people" ritual that involves going to the supermarket Sunday mornings, buying coffee at their cafe (making sure to get the stamps on the coffee card), and comparing the list to the circular and whatever coupons we have. It's become a game to see how much we can save and how many "cents off per gallon" we can save on gas. I think the record so far has been $1.80.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nope...he leaves all that stuff to me. If he needs something he just tells me. I do like it when he goes to the store with me!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Nope, just me. I wish sometimes he'd give more input into what we have for dinner, because sometimes I'll choose a recipe and he'll look at it and be like 'really? THIS is what we're having?' Well, I did show you the recipe before I wrote down the ingredients!
  • sharee05
    sharee05 Posts: 21
    Options
    Well mines go to the grocery store with me 90% of the time. However he really wants the basics he dont like for me to make nothing diffrent he is a very pickey eater. I like to try new things
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    we grocery list and grocery shop together.

This. Although I menu plan because otherwise it would be bacon cheeseburgers every night.
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha *catches breath* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha no. he does not. LOL i ask "honey, what would you like?" and he responds "food". that being said, it actually makes it a little bit easier on me that he gives no input usually (unless there's something specific he's craving like eggrolls because mine are awesome haha). i know the types of things he likes and i have a great memory so when he sees something on tv and is like "i'd like to try that" (like that v8 energy) i remember and i pick it up while i'm out. he has made the whole "lifestyle" change easier because he eats what i cook. he doesn't care. if it turns out bad, we eat cereal or sandwiches and call it dinner. lol

Yep! My husband eats whatever I cook too. :-) Sounds like a great guy!! Congrats on your weight loss! I am fairly new and just getting started but you are already awesome!!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha *catches breath* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha no. he does not. LOL i ask "honey, what would you like?" and he responds "food".

^^^ THIS!!!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    We shop together. He cooks. I clean.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    He'll occasionally say something like, "Hey, could we have something cheesy this week?" or "More bacon" while I'm making the menu and list, but no, not really. He has a huge list of things he doesn't like and brands he strongly prefers, but after six years of marriage I have it memorized. I'd like to say that doing the shopping makes his diet healthier, but in reality we live less than a minute's drive from the grocery store, and he frequently pops over to fulfill a craving he has (in particular, more soda.)

Maybe we need to move out of city limits... lol.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    He gives me "his" list, which usually consists of:

Fiber One bars
    Amy's frozen lunches
    Coffee
    Half & Half
    Agave Nectar
    Potatoes
    Soda Water
    Protein bars
    Beer

And I do the shopping 99% of the time. It's ok, though, because he cooks. :bigsmile:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yep...and he cooks all the meals. Very well. Hence my weight problem...
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    No, not usually. I ask him and the children for suggestions and anything they would like for that week though. Then I make the menu and list. He will go shopping with me though and enjoys cooking as well.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I tell him I'm going to the grocery store and to text me what he wants. I don't really cook for him either though. Unless he cooks on the grill or I make a roast or something, we get our own meals.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    bahahaha! I usually just say, "text me your requests" and if no text...well, then you're on your own if you don't like what I buy.

:D and for me...that's thoughtful. ;)
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. We usually have a list on the frig. He adds his coffee mix if it's low, and maybe cereal now and then, but not much more. He normally eats whatever I put on the table without complaint.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ummm no
    he's a dude
    his job is to kill bugs,fix stuff and take out the garbage

^^THIS!!!^^

Mine could care less about a grocery list. We go together about half of the time (and spend 2x as much) but he does a lot of the cooking. His job is to work hard and make enough money so that he doesn't need to concern himself with grocery lists and errands! =)

You know, it's silly, because in reality my marriage is a somewhat traditional one (although both of us work), but this attitude still rankles. Men are adults, and completely capable of doing their share around the house!
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Heck no! And he is not allowed to go to the store with me either.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Our grocery discussion goes like this:
    Me:anything you would like for dinner or want me to get at the store?
    Him: let me think about that.

He never says what he wants. So I just plan the meals. Maybe once every couple of weeks he will have a suggestion, but not often.he says I've made great choices the past few months since we started eating better, so he trusts my judgement.