anybody with IBS?

Options
hey there, anybody with ibs, you know, irritable bowel syndrome?

lets be friends and complain together!

Replies

• MSDIVA_SHAY
    MSDIVA_SHAY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi I am a ibs suffer. Its sucks at times I got diagnosed 10 yrs ago and so far I have it under control some days. Have been med free for 3 yrs.
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes so I am on a low FODMAP diet. I hate it sometimes because people don't understand this condition and it is very embarrassing at times!
  • HeadBangingBabe
    HeadBangingBabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! Diagnosed 4 years ago, med free for 2. I was very overweight when I found out and eating a salad was WAY out of the question. It would make me too sick. Slowly but surely, I've gotten back on track and can eat my fruits and veggies without immediately regretting it. I've noticed staying on track with my diet really seems to help the IBS.
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't have IBS, but had to have entire colon and large intestine removed to prevent full blown cancer. Had symptoms of IBS for a couple years until I changed to a healthier diet high in insoluble dietary fiber.
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes! I thought it was gone with a regimen of probiotics, metamucil, activia yogurt, etc. but its BAAACKKKK today big time!
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes I have IBS. I was diagnosed quite a number if years ago. When it flairs up I can be in quite the agony. I just try to deal with it.
  • divinechef
    Options
    If you have IBS, you don't have to suffer anymore. I use to have it and it was terrible. Then I found out all you have to do is eat carrots and drink carrot juice. In about a week, you will be feeling pretty good. If you really want to fix your bowels add some good probiotics to this regemin.

Hope this helps.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I think I may have had it. It's gotten drastically better since increasing fiber intake. I chuck a few fiber capsule in my mouth in the mornings and evenings when i remember to.
  • MSDIVA_SHAY
    MSDIVA_SHAY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    its very embarrassing when I first start having symptoms I was a home health nurse and was in my car for 8hrs a day...well let me tell you that I knew where every public restroom was in the whole Oklahoma city area and surrounding cities lol
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've been a sufferer from IBS for 18 years until very recently when changing some different eating habits I cut out bread completely from my diet. Within 2-3 days I no longer had any symptoms, headaches, general lethargy. I can still eat tortillas, but any "yeasted" bread hits me like a freight train within 20 minutes of eating it. It really has made giving up bread very easy -lol-
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    I hate it sometimes because people don't understand this condition and it is very embarrassing at times!

totally know what you mean, i get embarrassed a lot about it. and then that makes it worse!
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    I've been a sufferer from IBS for 18 years until very recently when changing some different eating habits I cut out bread completely from my diet. Within 2-3 days I no longer had any symptoms, headaches, general lethargy. I can still eat tortillas, but any "yeasted" bread hits me like a freight train within 20 minutes of eating it. It really has made giving up bread very easy -lol-

really? i find fruits and vegetables the worst. carbs make me feel better usually. are you maybe celiac?
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I do have IBS according to my doc....i have been doing some reading on various ailments and found to my surprise that most of these issues can be tamed by change of diet....ie a gluten and yeast free diet :) tough but it pretty much just takes us back to the way our ancestors used to eat :)
  • PediDocChicago
    PediDocChicago Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I found that taking a daily fiber supplement (citrucel- which is non gas producing) makes a huge difference.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have it, as well =( I can go for a long time with no problems and then I'll have a bad day and get struck down with it. I take probiotics regularly.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have IBS, you don't have to suffer anymore. I use to have it and it was terrible. Then I found out all you have to do is eat carrots and drink carrot juice. In about a week, you will be feeling pretty good. If you really want to fix your bowels add some good probiotics to this regemin.

Hope this helps.

Hmm. No. :noway: Perhaps you were suffering from some kind of carrot deficiency.
    But if eating carrots is the cure, then 1) Carrot growers would be bragging about it.
    And 2.) I would never have had any symptoms, ever.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I've had IBS for almost 20 years. back before doctors really understood it and my mother was told that I was a liar and was faking being sick so i didn't have to go to school..

triggers for me are Caffine, Carrots and blueberries... random i know and whats even worse is that I love all three.

A change of diet helps me greatly but the pain I used to feel while trying to figure out what was wrong with me is something I would never wish on my worse enemy. Its good to have others that understand what you are going through because if you haven't gone through it you can't understand.
  • jeweloflibra77
    jeweloflibra77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've struggled on and off for over 14 years with IBS. Remembered experiencing it for the first time after having my first child. You would think I would try absolutely everything to control my flare ups, but have yet to make any serious attempts which is crazy as I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Like dieting, I have started so many times and have always given up trying. My body is now rebelling against me in all kinds of bad ways and I'm only 34 years old. Let's support each other on our journey.
  • rosekrista
    rosekrista Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yep...It sucks. I went off what I call my happy meds for fertility reasons. Recently I ( and my husband whom I almost convinced to move the TV to the bathroom) have noticed that dieting is having a better effect than the meds. Also staying hydrated in this weather helps greatly.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have it too...have since I was 15 and I'm 39 now. For me it takes an act of God to go to the bathroom and too much fiber makes me look like I'm 3 months preggo and it's very painful. No probiotics worked for me either..or yogurts or Citrucel or Metamucil. I have gotten a lot better with Shakeology but I haven't gone on any vacations yet and that's when it really gets bad lol