Caffiene the healthy way..if there IS a healthy way..lol

Options
Hey guys!

Just wondering...do any of ya'll know of a way to get a little caffiene *like a cup of coffee worth* without resorting to soda, coffee or artifical sweeteners? I like a little boost before my workouts and have been taking crystal light energy, but it has aspartame in it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :D

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    green tea! :bigsmile:

I like mine infused with berries or something, rather than straight green tea which is a little earthy for my tastes :flowerforyou:
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with coffee, it's what you add to it that makes it "unhealthy"
    Some milk and a little raw sugar or honey, and you'll have a nice boost of energy. Plus, if you're a morning gym-er, something hot like that always helps wake me up
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    According to the articale I just read today tea is a good source for many other reasons. Just 2 cups a day. I personally do not likegreen tea but it doesn't have caffiene anyway. It boils down to everything in moderation.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    green tea has caffiene
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Coffee drinkers live longer. If you like coffee, sit down and enjoy a cup or two.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/coffee-drinkers-may-live-longer/
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Coffee drinkers live longer. If you like coffee, sit down and enjoy a cup or two.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/coffee-drinkers-may-live-longer/

Sweet, I'm going to live forever!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Black coffee every morning here <3
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Even that harridan Jillian Michaels says that caffeine is great before a workout. Not to mention the countless scientific studies. Have a cup of black coffee. You`ll run faster.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    not a coffee person..however..i didn't know that green tea had caffiene...i'll have to give that a try!! Thanks!! :D
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    caffeine isnt bad for you its people who drink 3 cups of it with sugar first thing and dont eat half the day that its bad for. I wasnt much of a coffee drinker unless it had pounds of sugar and milk in it but I started cutting back on sweets including fruit and found my tastebuds came back! Now I can drink a small cup of coffee with unsweetened soy milk and it tastes amazing to me like sugar would just ruin it.

Green tea does have caffeine but so do most black teas. Try English Breakfast its really good with a little agave nectar and soy milk. (Sorry if you dont like those things Im uber health nut sometimes. You can also try sweetened condensed milk, like 1-2 tspn its about 70 calories altogether but if you like sweet it gets the job done. )
  • insertmud
    insertmud Posts: 3
    Options
    caffeine tablets
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    caffeine isnt bad for you its people who drink 3 cups of it with sugar first thing and dont eat half the day that its bad for. I wasnt much of a coffee drinker unless it had pounds of sugar and milk in it but I started cutting back on sweets including fruit and found my tastebuds came back! Now I can drink a small cup of coffee with unsweetened soy milk and it tastes amazing to me like sugar would just ruin it.

Green tea does have caffeine but so do most black teas. Try English Breakfast its really good with a little agave nectar and soy milk. (Sorry if you dont like those things Im uber health nut sometimes. You can also try sweetened condensed milk, like 1-2 tspn its about 70 calories altogether but if you like sweet it gets the job done. )

I love agave nectar and totally have unsweetened soy milk in the fridge. Will definitely have to give that a try. Thanks so much!