helps say NO to carbs and YES to clean eating!

Options
So it would seem that I need a bit of motivation when it comes to carbs! I could eat pasta ALL day EVERYDAY, nothing like "slap chips" (fries), pizza, pasta or just the good old toasted sandwich!!!! From Monday I'm starting "clean eating"..... NOOOO add-ons, no nothing... Goodbye woestershire sauce, tomatoe sauce, salt, AROMAT, steers French salad dressing...... Hello steamed fish, chicken, veggies!!!!!!! A lot of motivation I reckon will go ALOOOOONG way! So pls add me asa friend and we can all motivate one another!

Replies

• Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I cant completely say no to carbs... you do need some for energy :)

at least eat GOOD carbs :)
  • abeautifulmess
    abeautifulmess Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low-carb diet too! Dukan too be specific actually. Friended ya :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So it would seem that I need a bit of motivation when it comes to carbs! I could eat pasta ALL day EVERYDAY, nothing like "slap chips" (fries), pizza, pasta or just the good old toasted sandwich!!!! From Monday I'm starting "clean eating"..... NOOOO add-ons, no nothing... Goodbye woestershire sauce, tomatoe sauce, salt, AROMAT, steers French salad dressing...... Hello steamed fish, chicken, veggies!!!!!!! A lot of motivation I reckon will go ALOOOOONG way! So pls add me asa friend and we can all motivate one another!

Sounds like a recipe for failure.

Eat foods you like. Do it within the confines of your calorie goals. Lose weight.

Deprive yourself, binge, fall off the wagon.

No one has 100% willpower. You will fail if you deprive yourself of all the foods you love eventually.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Why cut out carbs? If those are the things you love, you are going to have a heck of a time sticking to your plan. Try not to set yourself up for failure - you don't get extra brownie points for, well, not eating brownies! :laugh:

Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, quinoa, ezekial bread can all have a happy and healthy place in a diet and Clean eating allows for plenty of these unrefined carbs.

Track your calories, and make sure you get the majority from vegetables and fruits, lean or vegetable proteins and then, by all means indulge your carb love!