bump
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Saving this :)
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Saving this because I have a lot of these to work on! Thanks for sharing!
  • trblmakr23
    trblmakr23 Posts: 44
    Options
    love this...i think i've hit every single one of these at some point or another..lolol, and some over and over and over again. Gonna stay motivated this time around.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    terrific post. Definitely great info that can help anyone who is struggling to find motivation.
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    My major one right now is lack of energy mainly due to my kidney failure, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that. The other is fear of failure.
  • morgan9
    morgan9 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for this! :drinker:
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great post
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks A Brunch!
  • motivationalwellbeing
    Options
    Great to see people finding my article useful. Looked around this site a bit... this is one supportive community.

Anyway, here's the link to the original article :)

http://www.motivationalwellbeing.com/21-things-that-kill-motivation.html

If anyone here needs more motivational songs, stories, quotes, articles, etc. to help you stay motivated to reach your weight goals, you'll find a lot of that on my site. Thanks to the original poster for sharing my article.

Kevin
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    9. Negative People

Negative people can suck the motivation right out of you. Their negative attitude and discouraging remarks can be a huge energy suck. You should do what you can to avoid these types of people as much as possible.

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain

----

20. Setbacks

Setbacks can be devastating to one’s motivation. Making progress or even achieving a goal only to have it be taken away from you can make life seem pretty unfair. Realize, however, that setbacks are a part of life. We all go through them. Setbacks are part of what gives life its juice. Our proudest accomplishments are usually the ones where we had to dig deep in order to find out what we’re really made of and were forced to grow in order to overcome the difficult challenges standing in the way of our goals.

“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon

----

21. Fear of Criticism

Most of us mere mortals have a fear of being criticized at some level. This fear can wipe out our motivation and even cause some people to quit on their goal altogether. Just keep in mind that there isn’t a single person on this planet who has achieved any great level of success who doesn’t have someone hating on them. Don’t let the opinions of others force you to abandon the things that are most important to you.

“To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

My major three =<,
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great to see people finding my article useful. Looked around this site a bit... this is one supportive community.

Anyway, here's the link to the original article :)

http://www.motivationalwellbeing.com/21-things-that-kill-motivation.html

If anyone here needs more motivational songs, stories, quotes, articles, etc. to help you stay motivated to reach your weight goals, you'll find a lot of that on my site. Thanks to the original poster for sharing my article.

Kevin

You're welcome ;3.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options

3. Lack of Instant Results

This one is the biggest reason why so many people start a workout or diet program and end up quitting 2 months later. This is usually a result of expecting too much too soon. Give yourself a reasonable time frame. Any goal is achievable if you have enough time, assuming that you’re doing the right things.

Yep, that's me. Works out for 30 minutes, checks to see if I've lost 5 pounds, gives up when I haven't. I'm just sooo impatient.