what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• badkitty32
    Options
    I can play a little guitar (I have an acoustic and an electric). Also have a djembe drum and a pair of bongo drums..I love a good drum circle!
  • kvf323
    kvf323 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i play the guitar, bass, drums, sing and the keyboard..... Rock Band counts right?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Singing & piano. I've also played guitar & drums. I play mostly by ear, though I do read but slowly.
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't play much any more but I played clarinet, e flat clarinet, and bass clarinet in junior high then cornet for a summer and piano for years. I miss music so much!
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been playing the piano for 17 years! I've also played the trumpet and the euphonium throughout school. I'm being singing forever though...I'm a chorus teacher!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    over 10 years of flute, 4 years of flute/piccolo... those are the only two I'm proficient with :)
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, Violin and a mean triangle.
  • brunagota
    brunagota Posts: 38
    Options
    I still play the guitar, acostic guitar, fluet, irish flute, piano, drums, and Im now working on my singing !
    I'm crazy in love with music!!!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I played classical guitar for many years but early arthritis in my fingers has taken the fun out of it. I play the piano now.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I was proficient with
    Clarinet
    Bassoon
    Flute
    Bari Sax
    Piano
    Auxillary Percussion.

Today I am a Bassoonist with two symphonic performing groups... and I love it
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I was an oboe performance major in college for a bit...
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In high school I played the violin. Loved it
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    recorder and treble (isn't it a 7 year old must)?
    electric organ 11 years old
    violin had lessons 8-10 and gave up sometimes wonder where would I be if I stuck with it (Great Dames Always Eat)
    glockenspiel 10-12

then discovered TV, brat pack movies the video store

when i went to high /senior school i denied ANY musical ability so I wasn't forced into anything
  • Kipperdog123
    Options
    I played the piano, flute and drums.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    not many drummers I see, so hard to find a good one
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I use to play the violin/fiddle. I really miss it.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Clarinet, bass clarinet
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The flute, when I was much younger. Now, acoustic guitar.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I played the trumpet in 6th and 7th grade and the clarinet from 8th thru 12th grades. Never kept up with it after high school and don't even have a clue where it is now.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was primarily a clarinetist - and I did things like All State Band and Orchestra, and performed with the Minnesota Orchestra, too!

I also would fill in as needed on flute, saxophone, percussion, and keyboards/piano. I never was good at brass - I could do the basics and teach lessons, but couldn't just bust out a concerto.

Sadly, years later, I can still play many clarinet concertos from memory. It's kind of cool, and kind of frustrating - how much room in my brain is that stuff taking up????