Options
hcglindsey
hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
Really want a good one that is not over $150. Any recomendations

Replies

• elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I recommend the ninja kitchen system 1200-- I got mine for $120 and it does so much more. I heard the bullet still leaves heavy pulp.
  • faithfullyfitdp
    Options
    Yes - I have been using the NutriBullet for a few months now and have lost 30 lbs since I started :smile:
    I hit the farmer's market every other weekend and wash and store my fruits and veggies and dring a Green Smoothie every morning - sometimes have one for lunch or dinner too! Keeps the simple carb cravings down - don't desire bread and sweets anymore!!!! Eat lean protein about 6 oz daily. Very happy with it. Bear in mind this is NOT a juicer it makes smoothies with fruits and veggies and keeps all the healthy nuitrients fiber so you're not hungry!
  • gwenben57
    gwenben57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just purchased it also. What did you do to lose the 30lbs other than drink one of these for breakfast? It blended up everything really good. The only issue I had is that it had no taste at all. But i guess no taste could be better than a nasty taste lol
  • gwenben57
    gwenben57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    r
  • faithfullyfitdp
    Options
    Hi Gwen - I drink a Green Smoothie every morning - I load it with hard core greens like dandelion, spinach, swiss chard, parsley, fennel, add some frozen peaches or frozen strawberries and either - this makes it good an cold and top it off iwth some slices of ginger - I also add aobut 8 raw almonds and a tablespoon of raw flaxseed for the protein and Omega 3's. Then I add some unfiltered, unsweetened apple juice or some OJ and some mineral water up to the Max line.

I also cut up veggies like radishes, Persian or Japanese cucumbers, broccoli, carrots and add in some sugar plum grape tomatoes and take them with me for snacking on. For lunch, it doe some lean protein like chicken or fish (usually left over from the previous nights dinner). some salad or cooked veggies and similar for dinner. Sometimes I also replace a lunch or dinner with a 2nd NutriBlast but always add some nuts to that one for the protein. Each NutriBlast comes out between 320 and 420 calories depending on which fruits and veggies I throw in.

I also try to walk 2 miles daily - although I have had a compression fracture in my lower back and bulged disc which makes this difficult some times.

Good luck and enjoy your Green Smoothies.
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    My husband bought a nutribullet and I have hated HATED the taste of everything he's made thus far. However, I've learned that we can teach ourselves new things, so I'm forcing myself.
  • Jennymitchell1
    Jennymitchell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a Magic Bullet bleander at Costco for $29 on sale. Using it to make my protein shakes and absolutely love it. It came with a zillion cups and two different blades. I recommend it!
  • Jennymitchell1
    Jennymitchell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a Magic Bullet bleander at Costco for $29 on sale. Using it to make my protein shakes and absolutely love it. It came with a zillion cups and two different blades. I recommend it!
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I already have a magic bullet so my question is

Does the Nutribullet Extractor Blade work with the magic bullet base or would i have to buy the whole Nutribullet system?
  • BitofFit1819
    Options
    I have it - got it last weekend and I LOVE IT!! It absolutely pulverizes whatever you put in there, is quiet and efficient! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. I have trouble getting in healthy leafy greens and I have had a spinach, banana, blueberry, almond "NutriBlast" every morning for around 200 calories and am loving it! Highly recommended!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Any recipe suggestions? I got one the other day and am having a hard time with it I guess. 2 out of the 3 I've made so far have been way too thick. One was basically like pudding, and not very good at all. Do you skin and pit/core all the fruit that you use?
  • ttaormina
    ttaormina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got one today, and after making my first nutriblast I can see this will be a trial and error experience. But I have high hopes. It does pulverize pretty well.
  • hddeuce1966
    hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
    Options

I bought a magic bullet about 3 years ago and wore it out making a smoothie a day in about 9 months. I didnt buy another one. I just use my blender and it has kept working for years. I would not recommend the magic bullet. But that doesn't answer the original question anyway.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    My early on impressions: I need a banana in nearly every drink. That adds so much. Kale is ok, in moderation. 50/50 with spinach is tolerable. Avocado was awful and made it more like a paste than a juice. Fresh ingredients are massively important. Variety is key.
  • lcarr60
    lcarr60 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck with the bullet. I am with the one member who said "NINJA 1200" - This is absolutely Fantastic! Does what the Bullet does but better! I have the Ninja Pro - but am actually looking at the newest model which sort of reminds me as a powerful Kitchen Aid - it supposedly does dough too. Well GOOD LUCK.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I added a half-scoop of vanilla protein powder to mine this morning. It was a fantastic addition! Kale, spinach, cantaloupe, blueberries, banana, flax seed, and vanilla protein powder.
  • brmich22
    brmich22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try that this a.m. Sounds delicious!
  • BikingSouthernBelle
    Options
    There is a difference between the MajicBullet and the NurtiBullet. One is that the MajicBullet is 300rpm's NutriBullet is 600rpm.

I've had mine for a few days now and with the fruit, I think they taste pretty good. Half a Banana, some berries. My first one was too thick. The next, I just added more water. worked well.
  • mimthurn
    mimthurn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just switched to a Nutri Bullet from an Omega Vert Juicer. I adored the juicer, and the juices were super delicious, but I got to thinking about all that lost fiber - and also got tired of the number of parts and cleaning all of them.

Anyway, the first recipe I tried with the NB was an anti-inflammatory one with avocado and papaya. It was disgusting! It would have made a better facial mask than a food! (Hmm, I might have to try making a mask in the NB!) It was so thick and tasted just awful.

However, today I did one with banana, spinach, green apple, lemon juice, and water, and it is pretty good. Since it keeps the fibrous material, I guess it will be thicker unless a liquid is added. I just added water until I liked the consistency.

Life is too short to have to drink a disgusting concoction, so play around and find what you like. From my experience with the first recipe they provided in the book, I do not think these are taste tested!

Anyone care to share any recipes from the book that they liked? I'd love to know.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I don't go off of the book recipes at all. I just throw in spinach (most of the time) and a couple of different fruits, along with the water. Pineapple & banana is great together. Blueberries work very well too.