Deodorant

Options
I am seriously stinking! I can not find a deodorant that lasts more than a few hours for me, let alone when I work out. I have tried degree, mitchium, dove, secret, clinical strength degree and secret. Any deodorants that work for you girls that have a hard time finding one that works?

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have to get the secret clinical sport, only one that will work for me
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've tried loads too!! I even bought this stuff that cost me nearly £10 for a tiny roll on thing...it stung so, so much I had to wash it off. The best one I've found, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, is Soft and Gentle (palmolive I think?). It's also got better now that I've lost some weight :-))
  • MissBee1989
    MissBee1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    the onlt thing that works for me is dove original spray and mitchum spray
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    The only one I love is Dove.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Honestly, the best thing that helped me has been changing my diet and drinking more water. If something in your diet is causing a reaction, that will contribute to body odor.

Also, I stopped using an anti-perspirant every day. I use a natural deodorant most days instead (Tom's of Maine or Arm and Hammer Naturals), and only use an anti-perspirant on days when it really matters, like if I'm wearing a silk top or if I'm going to be working hard and sweaty around other people. I still sweat, but I don't have the odor issue anymore. I attribute it to the fact that sweating releases toxins from the body, and if you don't let your body sweat, the toxins build up and cause body odor and other issues. I don't have any scientific basis for that opinion, but it makes sense for my experience. The first month after I stopped wearing anti-perspirant I had to carry wet wipes with me to wash my underarms occasionally when I was in public, but I no longer need to do that.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use certain dri at night and my pits dont sweat no more and i still put deoderant on to give a lil scent. Some people might thing weird or unhealthy but I have been using it for years and swear by it now and haven't had any health problems
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Good post! I will need to look into these. I too feel stinky as well even though my hubs doesn't think I stink. I feel icky. Thanks!
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sure Crystal- its not wet when it goes on, it doesnt make your wet when you sweat and theres no white marks! x
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have just started using Triple Dry. I bought it in Boots and I think it costs about £5 a can but it honestly works so much better than any of the standard ones. They did look like they had a decent range of 'extra' anti-perspirants but this one seems to be doing the job for me.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I use certain dri at night and my pits dont sweat no more and i still put deoderant on to give a lil scent. Some people might thing weird or unhealthy but I have been using it for years and swear by it now and haven't had any health problems

Abells is right. Certain Dri is the ONLY way to go! Get the sticks (Regular and AM) and you will never have an issue again.

Seriously, it's the only "secret" that Secret doesn't want you to know about.

BTW, the only place that carries the sticks in my area is Walgreens.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I've been using baking soda for about 3-4 years, yep, baking soda. I put it in a spice container, wet my hand, sprinkle the baking soda and pat my armpit. It's fantastic because it doesn't stain clothes or ruin them and it keeps me smelling fresh for the whole day, workouts included (and I sweat *a lot*). Some people find it weird, but I love it. The only drawback is that you can't wear it with sleeveless tops 'cause then the white powder would show. Give it a try! It's super cheap, too. Good luck!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    'Secret' hands down the best in my opinion.

Coming from a guy; I use my wife's deodorant all the time. Not sure what the heck is in it, but keeps me smelling like flowers all day; and while not "Musk of Dead Ox" smell, only woman smelling me is my wife, and I'd rather stay flowery all day than just the first two hours.

I also sweat waterfall, genes n' all that. :)
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    I use driclor alternate days (every days makes my skin a bit sore). It works really well on me, lasts a long tme and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I put it on at night because it absorbs better when you're not sweaty - and just use regular deoderant on the alternate day (more for my own peace of mind really).
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I use Men's Axe Excite. Love the smell! I never has any luck with woman's deoterant... It never smells quite right.
  • Jennifloop
    Jennifloop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Certain Dry too. Just be sure to follow the directions. Works great! :happy:
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Mitchum is the one my friend in Dubai always asks me to take out because it's pretty good!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This might be obvious already but are you just using deoterant or are you getting sticks that are deoterant and antipersperant? There is a difference and I used to sweat like crazy until I got deoterant and antipersperant in one stick.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    if you take supplements, liquid chlorophyll is a natural deodorant that you can put in a smoothie or simply take alone. You can buy it at health food stores. It won't get rid of stick completely, but it sure does help ease the smell. Give it time to kick in if you decide to start the regimen.

chlorophyll+deodorant = awesome.
  • andiebarlow
    andiebarlow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @ impyimpyaj
    This is a great post.
    I think you bring up certain health issues that we should be mindful of, considering the links between Aluminium chlorohydrate in antiperspirants and breast cancer.
    You've given a thought towards the cause of the type of scent in sweat, which then helps the cure, rather than just focusing on things that mask the smell or worse, stop one from sweating.
    Thank you for this post.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Honestly, the best thing that helped me has been changing my diet and drinking more water. If something in your diet is causing a reaction, that will contribute to body odor.

Also, I stopped using an anti-perspirant every day. I use a natural deodorant most days instead (Tom's of Maine or Arm and Hammer Naturals), and only use an anti-perspirant on days when it really matters, like if I'm wearing a silk top or if I'm going to be working hard and sweaty around other people. I still sweat, but I don't have the odor issue anymore. I attribute it to the fact that sweating releases toxins from the body, and if you don't let your body sweat, the toxins build up and cause body odor and other issues. I don't have any scientific basis for that opinion, but it makes sense for my experience. The first month after I stopped wearing anti-perspirant I had to carry wet wipes with me to wash my underarms occasionally when I was in public, but I no longer need to do that.

I actually had to do the same thing. I switched to using a crystal deodorant (which is basically mineral salt that you get damp and rub on) they say it changes the PH of your underarm so that the bacteria can't grow or something, i'm not saying that it does do that, but it does work for me. Though feeling sweaty did take some getting used to as it's not an anti-perspirant. I also carried some baby wipes with me to was my underarms mid-day while my body adjusted, but I don't need to do that anymore either. If I feel like I want something scented then I use a homemade one that my friend makes or Toms of Maine.) There was definitely an adjustment period but now I can even go some days without wearing ANY and be completely fine. Also you could try exfoliating your underarms (gently) sometimes if the pores clog it can contribute to odour as well.