What are you supposed to say.....

Options
2»

Replies

• fretless1965
    fretless1965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm curious if others have heard this one:

"Have you been sick?"

I usually say something like, "No, I've been trying to get in better shape."

However, I am thinking, "No, I've been sick for the last thirty years by eating too much and not getting off my butt."

A friend I had not seen in about a year recently called me "freakishly thin."

I can't help but wonder why people would say that. I have a BMI of 26, 18% BF and have been adding muscle for the last six months. I am definitely NOT scrawny. My doctor says I could lose more weight if I want to.

I have asked my in-shape friends about these comments and they think I am not too thin, but other people do.

Anybody else get comments like that? How do you respond? Why do you think people say that?
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually say "Thanks! Its hard work!" or if they tell me I look amazing or great I usually say "Woo hoo!, Thanks!, or Yay!" as most people know how hard I have worked to get to where I am :)
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'd respond with an appreciative smile and a thank you!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I just say thanks. What else is really necessary. If they ask how I did it I explain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!