what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I played clarinet for years. I play piano but it takes me awhile to learn new sheet music, and I play some (five or six) chords on acoustic guitar.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Uke
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Flute and piano. I was a marching band geek in high school. :laugh: Now, I just sing.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Clarinet - B Flat for marching band, bass or contra bass clarinet for the rest of it. Wasn't quite tall enough for the contra, had to sit on my case in order to reach it.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I played the clarinet for 9 years. I never really loved it and I was never super awesome, but we always had a great time. I loved my band geek friends and my quirky band teacher (that I had for all 9 years... small town). I liked pep band, my teacher always made us play classic rock bits, it was pretty awesome.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Played the piano and organ when I was a child. Have not played in years
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Guitar and Flute.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Violin & piano all through grammar school.

Was even first chair, and won a contest against all instruments in the whole school.

Gave them up to play sports in Jr. High & H.S.

Nothing now. Couldn't play more than a few notes if I tried.
  • noyoutellme
    noyoutellme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey what are you talking about? Trumpet rocks!

-iii-()
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Clarinet for 2 years, then alto sax. Degree in music education, so then I got to play everything! Taught for 18 years....translated to still played everything! Now, playing in community band, alto sax and thoroughly enjoying every minute.
  • smistyyy
    smistyyy Posts: 2
    Options
    i play piano, baritone ukulele, guitar, sing & write music. music is my passion:) i love it!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    guitar, piano, and violin
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Played the guitar (fairly badly!!) when I was really young. Did 6 months of piano lessons when I was 34 but became pregnant with my 4th child around the same time & was too sick to keep up the lessons. But my first & ongoing love in terms of music is with my vocal chords!! I classify them as my instrument. :) I've been singing for as long as I can remember - over the years have done a few things here & there like musicals, singing at weddings & in church circles, but mostly I just perform for my kids!!
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It warms my heart to hear how many people played instruments!! I am a middle school band director so I techinically play all the band instruments. I am most proficient in Piano, organ, flute, clarinet, alto sax and trumpet.
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Turntables.
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BBb Tuba!
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Started out on the flute in 5th grade but in high school, I switched to the mellophone for marching band season (ten points if you know what that is!) and ended my senior year by playing trumpet. I miss it!
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I played flute for 10 years, took a year of piano lessons and and a year of bells/marimba/etc (all those types of instruments). I try to play guitar and can do some things on it, but my desire to do it comes and goes. My fiance's played guitar for 16 years.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used to play the alto sax and a little flute.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I played Clarinet for 8 years. I still have it and bust it out once in a while. Wish I had sheet music.