How long have you held onto your skinny clothes?

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Since highschool [4 years ago], some even from middle school. D:
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My oldest item that i can date is a fancy dress from 1991. And it finally fits again!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    It was so exciting to fit into a pair of shorts that I bought two years ago, that NEVER fit before................not even when I first bought them.

I still have a couple of things I'm waiting to get in to....................and I'm wearing a cute, funky little blouse today that I know I bought at LEAST 30 years ago! Not kidding..........might even be closer to 40 years, cuz I know I had this thing in the 70's, and I remember where I bought it. The store's been closed since the 80's :wink: :wink:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't think I even have any skinny clothes LOL. It would be funny if I had any from high school, they would be SO out of style! I graduated high school in 1989 :laugh:
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have clothes from when I first started dating my husband 9 years ago, when I was 17. Mostly just pants. They made tops really short back then and I have a long torso so none of them looked good on me.

All of my weight gain is from the last year and a half so it's not too crazy that I've held on to them this long.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I actually held onto my size 32s for over 2 years, I think. Cool thing is, I just started wearing them again a couple weeks ago. Freakin' schaweet!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of shorts and a couple dresses from the early 90's. I know I'll never get into them again, but it's like a memento from my high school days. I hold them up and say, "Look how tiny I was..." It's not that I want to be that size again (I was anorexic), but more of a cautionary tale...
  • bassanne
    bassanne Posts: 56
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I bought just before I found out I was pregnant with my son, HE IS 24 today, DAMN I will wear that pair of pants again. Seriously out of style, but I will wear them for aleast 1 day before I throw them in the scrape pile. My husband seems to think this is crazy that I have held on to this 1 pair of pants for that many years. I say, What!?!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have clothes going back to college, so 10+ years? As I've started going "shopping" in my boxes of old clothes again I've had to weed out items which are either out of style or simply not my style anymore. As a 30-something mom I don't feel comfortable in shirts that just meet the top of my pants anymore!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i have items from 10 years ago.
    I threw out a TON of cute clothes in a fit of post pregnancy madness and wish I never had.

When you are 200 you never expect to see 120 again

I did this too...just last year I purged a bunch of stuff I had been hanging on to, then I decided I would never be able to get back into it so I gave them away. I could wear some of it now...Damnit!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you have as much fun digging into those old boxes. Please share how long your oldest item is!

Most of my "skinny clothes", many of which are 20+ years old, are now getting too big for me. I'm digging down to the bottom of the skinny clothes barrel and finding it alarmingly empty. My belt now has enough holes cut in it that the loose end is about to reach the second belt loop on most of my pants.

But the good news is I can probably walk into Goodwill and look for the "long legs and slim waist" section and probably find lots of selections now.
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For a little over a year. They just sit in my closet untouched haha
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have jeans that a friend gave me from high school, size 12, so they are about 10-13 years old... They were goodwill bell bottoms that look fabulous from the 60-70's . I wish to get my body back in them.
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    I've kept them in a tub for almost seven years, just waiting for the day I could wear them again..finally was able to put them on in May. Its like having a whole new wardrobe for free....
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I still have all of my fun, cute dresses from our honeymoon in Hawaii -- which was 11 years ago. Ugh!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have clothes from 5-6 years ago.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have any. I've been obese for as long as I can remember. In 5th grade I was wearing size 14. That being said, I am acquiring skinny clothes and holding on to the largest pair of pants I ever purchased (size 26). I can already fit into one of the legs and I'm 16/18 now.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had one pair of shorts that are now too big for me. =) I'm smaller then I have been in over 15years, maybe even longer! YAY!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Skinny clothes? Mine would now be 27 years old, out of style and probably dry rotted if I had held on to them. My closets hadn't seen skinny clothes in close to 25 years.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I got before I had my oldest son, who is now almost 15. They are a size 8. I wore them after I had him, for a few years, and then I got pregnant again and they never fit after that. They are a size 8 and I WILL wear them again. :happy: