17 Day Diet Buddies Wanted!

Options
Hi, my name is Penny. I started the 17 Day Diet on June 4-2012.
It's going GREAT! I'm very happy with my results so far.

Down 19 lbs. so far; 29 days OP (on plan)

I was browsing the net looking for recipes and inspiration/results on the 17 DD and found this site. I would love new support & 17 DD buddies.

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really enjoying this plan. I'm sleeping better & I have so much more energy. My skin is looking better too.

I'm enjoying cooking again and getting creative in the kitchen.

Cycle 1 = 14.4 lbs.
Cycle 2 = ends 7-7-2012 = 4.6 lbs. so far

Hope you all the best on your journey to a healthier happier you!

Onwards & Downwards,
Penny

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of cycle 1. I love the food so far. Forgot how much I love salad!! I don't know how to do friend requests but I would love to be your weight loss friend.
  • SamanthaJodi
    Options
    I've never heard of this diet! Add me & shoot me a message with more info. I'd love to try it.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Dr. Mike Moreno's 17 Day Diet. I got a copy of the book at my library and just started it. I need to look for a copy of the cookbook too. There are 4 - 17 day cycles to it. the first is the most restrictive to promote fast results and cleanse your system. I am on cycle one but am still getting enough calories and not feeling hungry. I am looking forward to the rest of the cycles!
  • addicted11
    addicted11 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am starting this on 7/09. I just got the book yesterday in the mail so i want to read up on it first and get my grocery shopping list done so that i am prepared. Add me if anyone wants! im excited to be starting this.
  • pg014
    pg014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm starting this diet tomorrow! anyone want to do it with me? would love the support! definitely need someone up my butt to keep me on it! read the book, seems like it is something i could stick with.

has anyone heard of any "real life" success stories from this diet?
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    IM IN!!!! I did cycle one and lost 9 pounds..... NOT doing well on cycle 2 but it was family vacation week!!!! Help! I gotta do this before school starts in august! I love how easy it is!,:love:
  • patti3355
    patti3355 Posts: 2
    Options
    I got the food lover diet. Has anyone try this one. Just got it so I have to read it.
  • pg014
    Options
    momof4ts, lets do this!!
  • cburns7
    cburns7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Suzy here. Today is my first day on the 17DD. I am extremely encourgaged by seeing your results. I can see the difference in your face. Congrats!!

I'd like to join this buddies group. How does one do so?

Thanks
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    I am starting day 7 today and have lost 5 pounds (8pounds since I started tracking and making changes)
  • CU2008
    CU2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am staring the 17 Day Diet today. I have 25 pounds to lose and hope I can get it off with this diet. I read the book and it does seem like something I can stick with and I like that I will not eat processed carbs on this diet. They are my weakness.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I know I will need the support and motivation from others doing the same diet:)
  • eagle2pet
    eagle2pet Posts: 21
    Options
    CU2008 did you end up doing the 17 Day diet? I am on day 8 and so far so good. 10 pounds down. I was wondering if you have had success with the plan?
  • eagle2pet
    eagle2pet Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm anxious to have buddies too. I started 8 days ago I think now and although I have had some intense sugar cravings at times it has not been too bad and I have lost almost 10 pounds so far! Would love more ideas for cycle 1 breakfast if you have any out there.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am also IN! Starting tomorrow. Feel free to friend me or invite me to a group. Let's do this!
  • star31
    star31 Posts: 47
    Options
    My doctor reccomended this diet to me and I plan on getting the book next week. I love seeing that it works on real people not just the ones who are paid to say so.
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options
    I started cycle 3 today... my first cycle i did well... lost 15lbs...weighed in this am before starting cycle 3..and was only down one lb.. I didn't deviate from the food, but found I had less time to fit in my workout routine. I'm going to go through cycle 3 strong and hope for some kind of loss--but looking forward to restarting the cycles and really stick to them better and keep up with proper exercise to see what I could really get out of it....
    Feel free to add me, always nice to not be the only one doing this... might actually keep me motivated to come on here more often and check in...:)
    Also, bought one of the cookbooks recently.... some pretty good recipes..it doubles up on some of the ones in the book itself...but then adds quite a bit more, looking forward to trying some more different ones...
  • pg014
    Options
    I started cycle 3 today... my first cycle i did well... lost 15lbs...weighed in this am before starting cycle 3..and was only down one lb.. I didn't deviate from the food, but found I had less time to fit in my workout routine. I'm going to go through cycle 3 strong and hope for some kind of loss--but looking forward to restarting the cycles and really stick to them better and keep up with proper exercise to see what I could really get out of it....
    Feel free to add me, always nice to not be the only one doing this... might actually keep me motivated to come on here more often and check in...:)
    Also, bought one of the cookbooks recently.... some pretty good recipes..it doubles up on some of the ones in the book itself...but then adds quite a bit more, looking forward to trying some more different ones...

Ah, i feel like everybody BUT me is losing weight on this! I've been on it for 7 days and I originally lost 2lbs the first 2 days and then i gained it back even though i was still following the diet to a T. I'm drinking the hot water in the morning, the 3 cups of green tea, 8-10 glasses of water a day and i am eating all fruit before 2. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?! I work out 30-60 minutes a day, too so I'm so confused =/
  • addicted11
    addicted11 Posts: 24
    Options
    Just checking in with all of you to see how things are going... I am currently on cycle 1 day 8 today and so far have lost 8.6lbs! pretty stoked about this but still need to keep motivated. Yesterday i had some strong craving for bread! but i resisted and ate my veggies instead! so lets all stay strong and focused on the end results!! Add me if we are not friends and we can all motivate each other!!!
  • rachelxoxodawn
    Options
    I would love to try it! add me and tell me how it works
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options

Ah, i feel like everybody BUT me is losing weight on this! I've been on it for 7 days and I originally lost 2lbs the first 2 days and then i gained it back even though i was still following the diet to a T. I'm drinking the hot water in the morning, the 3 cups of green tea, 8-10 glasses of water a day and i am eating all fruit before 2. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?! I work out 30-60 minutes a day, too so I'm so confused =/

Just stick with it.. not sure why you wouldn't be seeing a loss.. I didn't follow it to a t...which I'm sure you don't particularly want to read, I noticed a weight loss after just a few days... Are you eating the right amount of fruits?? or types.. I'm not really sure, I guess the only thing would be to wait and see what happens at the end of the 17 days.. are you weighing first thing in the morning before taking anything in---I don't get an accurate weight if I weigh after I intake anything for the day.. I'm trying to think of all the little things that might cause you to not notice a difference.. I hope that you ill see something soon--it's tough to stay motivated when you're not seeing any changes!!