Zumba and Polar FT7...

Options
2»

Replies

• cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi there, this is coming from a long-time FT-7 user, and LONG time Zumba lover. Quite a few students complain about the same thing, but when it comes down to it, it depends on the instructor, on the choreo, and the level of intensity you work at. There isn't any class that I go to where I don't burn at least 900 calories. I weigh 135 pounds and am 5'8'' but my target heart rate gets to where it needs to be before the warm-up is even over. So what I'm saying is, when you get in better cardio shape (and believe me, with the right instructor- YOU WILL), you will notice that you will be burning more at every class. Also, when you are just starting- it is difficult to try to pay attention to the moves, and get a good work-out in. My advice to this, don't stop moving. Whatever you are doing, whatever move it is.. do it HARD. The harder you go, the more you move your body, the better your calories burned will be. I promise you, if you go all out at your next class, and really pump it.. you'll see. It's a shame you don't live in my community, or I'd take you to an AWESOME class :) Inbox me with any other questions !
  • maden2629
    maden2629 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I 'm 5 3 and 32 years old. I just got done doing Zumba gold and Zumba toning. My ft7 says I only burnrd 325 in 50 minutes.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. They are really helpful and encouraging. I'm gonna keep using my FT7 and I've checked all my settings and they are accurate. Next time I'll make sure my strap is as tight as it can be comfortably for best results. I totally agree that an underestimation of calories is better anyday than an overestimation.

Thanks again, I appreciate you all!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I too do Zumba and I wear a Polar F7. I generally will burn 600-800 a class. It really can make a huge difference with who is teaching the class as to how many calories I burn.

I have the FT7 and have taken classes with three different instructors. The 1st class, I only burned 150 calories and I blame the too easy of a class. The 2nd class, I would generally burn 450 - 750 calories, depending on the routines and how hard she pushed us. My current class, I'm burning 750 calories pretty much everytime. I started out weighing 199 pounds and I'm now 159 pounds. Woo Woo