5-6 cups of coffee a day..

Options

Replies

• dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    They say for every 1 cup of coffee you should drink 2 cups of water because coffee is a dehydrator. (errm spelling lol)
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Is this bad? I drink each with 2 splenda... I can't help myself, I'm a coffee addict.

Yes and No.

1- Splenda...it's 2 molecules from DDT which is used in pest control. Try Truvia
    2- according to Dr. Oz it's ok. Just be careful what you put in it. Non of the flavored crap as that's a lot of wasted calories.

Oh snap, Oxygen is one atom away from Carbon Dioxide.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Is this bad? I drink each with 2 splenda... I can't help myself, I'm a coffee addict.

Oh snap, Oxygen is one atom away from Carbon Dioxide.

This made the science teacher in me chuckle. :laugh:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I still drink coffee. I lighten it with heavy whipping cream. It's delicious. 1 TBSP is 50 calories and lightens the travel mug of coffee just right. I use a little Stevia in it too.

I also drink about a gallon of water in addition to my coffee.

For me, this is about a sustainable lifestyle, not about restriction. It isn't about deprivation; it's about moderation. I see no harm in continuing to have my coffee (even with my occasional coffeemate or international delight sweetened creamer) since it is more sustainable in the long run.

And the caffeine can help you with your workouts. According to Jillian Michaels, anyway. ;)
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The only downside I'd consider is if you start to have sleeping problems. Other than that I love drinking it
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Why is it like liquied crack?!

Because coffee is addictive!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I think it is, I'm in the same boat though it's like liquid crack.

LOL, where I'm from "Liquid Crack" is Redbull and Vodka Mixers !!
    Yum :drinker:

And in my area, liquid crack is Cisco...LOL
  • hollace_noel
    Options
    just get plenty of water, for every cup of coffee i drink, i drink the same amount of water. too much caffine intake can make ur bladder and ur kidneys mad if u dont get enough water during the day. also if your worried about your teeth try iced coffee thru a straw its refreshing
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've limited mine to 2 cups a day. I used to drink 4-5 cups EVERYDAY. Now, I only have coffee 2-3 times a week. It helps that it's summer and hot out. I tend to not crave coffee when its warm and sunny. Then I start craving frozen coffees...so really the cycle never ends. I just limit myself. I like not having a dependency.
  • nofatpants4me
    Options
    Try Folgers 1/2 caff. I drink that with Stevia. Still get my caffeine, but not as much.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My doctor has warned me that this much caffeine leeches calcium from bones, which may cause early onset of osteoporosis! If you can, try to decrease your intake... or alternate caffeinated and non-caffeinated over the day. Cutting back isn't realistic or sustainable while I'm still in school... but as soon as I'm out, I'm looking to cut the caffeine substantially!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    5-6 CUPS? I'd say you are doing ok at least in my world :laugh: I'm a 2 POTS a day person... not good at all but I LOVE my coffee :heart:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 4 cups a day with no side effects. I don't, however, use any sort of creamer or any sugar or sweetener....just plain, black coffee.
    I also drink a minimum of 40-50 oz of water a day.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I still drink coffee. I lighten it with heavy whipping cream. It's delicious. 1 TBSP is 50 calories and lightens the travel mug of coffee just right. I use a little Stevia in it too.

I also drink about a gallon of water in addition to my coffee.

For me, this is about a sustainable lifestyle, not about restriction. It isn't about deprivation; it's about moderation. I see no harm in continuing to have my coffee (even with my occasional coffeemate or international delight sweetened creamer) since it is more sustainable in the long run.

And the caffeine can help you with your workouts. According to Jillian Michaels, anyway. ;)

Best response here, IMO!!!
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Splenda...it's 2 molecules from DDT which is used in pest control.

Oh, and stay away from that chemical di-Hydrogen Monoxide (dhmo) as well. Too much of it can kill. see here : http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

As someone with a background in chemical engineering, I recommend that everyone who does not understand chemistry stop repeating nonsense.

PS Dihydrogen Monoxide is water.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    I drink it more for the taste than the energy kick it gives me. Do you think changing to decaf would make any difference?
  • bobcooks920
    Options
    I drink 5-6 cups a day, but I've also learned to drink a lot of water to go with my coffee.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options

Yes and No.

1- Splenda...it's 2 molecules from DDT which is used in pest control. Try Truvia
    2- according to Dr. Oz it's ok. Just be careful what you put in it. Non of the flavored crap as that's a lot of wasted calories.

Truvia is way too expensive for sugar..
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    As someone with a background in chemical engineering, I recommend that everyone who does not understand chemistry stop repeating nonsense.

But it's so amusing for the rest of us!

My story: I had severe hypertension - I mean, "the red cross wouldn't take my blood" levels - and my doctor knee-jerked me a blood pressure medicine...

But rather than be on drugs for the rest of my life (involuntarily, I mean), I stopped my 6-cup-a-day habit and my blood pressure dropped to normal levels.

I now do 2 cups and all is well.

YMMV of course, that's just one person's story.
    I drink it more for the taste than the energy kick it gives me. Do you think changing to decaf would make any difference?

That's what I do in the afternoon/evening. Or I make half-caf and have twice as much :)

There are definitely workarounds.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    COFFEE! I'd get the caffeine patch if I could! :drinker:

Heard it helps fend off Alzheimers and some cancers!