How long have you held onto your skinny clothes?

Options

Replies

• annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ....sad to say for about 5 years now....i just cant seem to let them go - I have too much hope that I will fit into them again even though I can't seem to find an exercise plan to stick to lol
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've still have some clothes from 20 years ago!! But I am a vintage freak, so my old clothes only become more and more dear to me as time goes on... LOL!
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I donated most of them thinking that I could never fit back into them ever again. I am regretting it now! I did keep some pieces that I couldn't part with and also some thinking that just maybe someday... And there was no way I could part with pieces that I spent a fortune on!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    lmao like 8 years....

my mom went to France to visit my aunt and brought my back a pair of jeans size 11/12 ...yeahhhh wayyyy tooo small! At the time I was a size 11/12 but France clothes are smaller than the US
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I gained back all of my weight over the three years it's been since my mom passed away. I have't gotten rid of them because I *will* fit in to them again, and I spent a fortune on new clothes the first time I lost 50 lbs...
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    lol Never had any, the last time I was this thin I was at school
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Probably about a decade now. Bad times!
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have some from highschool. 8 + years ago. LOL

:laugh:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I was at my thinnest June of last year... I maintained it for a few months, but because of medical reasons I started to gain back about 20-25 lbs of it in September.
    Ive been trying to get it off since then... So almost a year :( They taunt me sometimes!!
  • hskorija
    hskorija Posts: 13
    Options
    I recently had to have a military dress uniform from 1991...21 years old.....taken in so it would fit. I am in better shape now than when I was 29. This calorie counting application is a remarkable thing.
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I am just like onegonzogarba....I HAD clothes from college (more than 10 years ago)....got so frustrated after pregnancy @ 180+ and thought I would NEVER get back to almost college size so I gave away WAY TOO many black bags of smaller clothes :sad: .

I am committed to staying in the small clothes now :smooched:
  • latinlady435
    latinlady435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    16 years
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of "daisy duke" shorts that I used to wear. They are size 17, which may not seem small, but they are to me. I told myself that I was saving them for my daughter, but I just can't part with them. My legs were *always* my 2nd best asset, behind my blue eyes.

I also still have two t-shirt from rock concerts I went to when I was 19. And I have a pair of jeans that are size 18 that have a perfect tear in the right spot. I don't even know if they are still fashionable. lol
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That's worth holding onto! How sweet!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    well, smh... I will admit, I have a tiny, tiny dress from 1983 still about.. not exactly sure why..
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Bugle Boy jeans size 34 from 1989....I'm going to wear them to work when i hit my goal weight too.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Bugle Boy jeans size 34 from 1989....I'm going to wear them to work when i hit my goal weight too.

If you get cell phone video of somone saying, "excuse me are those bugle boy jeans you're wearing" I'll send you 20 bucks.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I threw away all of my skinny clothes because I never thought I'd fit into them again.

Fuuuuuuuu- boy was I wrong.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of clothes from 1998. I had just started my first job as a lawyer AND I was at my smallest ever so I invested in a lot of really nice and expensive clothes. I have carried them through many moves, but always kept them in my closet! I was so excited when I was able to fit into oneof those suits just a couple of weeks ago! It is the best feeling in the world!!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a few music t-shirts (band merch) from like... 02. I keep them cause the music i love hasn't changed, i don't wear them anymore cause i'd be sad if my fat destroyed the silkscreen on them. They're patiently waiting for me. There's only like 2 of them that i might never fit into again because i was unhealthy skinny when i got them.