That awesome moment when...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When you don't cringe and weasel out of taking pics with anyone, even your kids and husband because you just hate how you look but now instead you readily get in those pics and even suggest taking them! That was my reason..as vain as it sounds..was to be able to and want to be in pics with my kids and husband on our vacation last month so my kids would have those memories! :) Glad I got to that point!!

Now my next awesome moment will be looking good and feeling confident in a bikini next summer as a 40 year old woman!! :)
  • audrine
    audrine Posts: 31
    Options
    my 11 year old daughter wrapped her arms around me and told me she could reach around me all the way>>>and when my husband was able to pick me up "carry over the threshold" way

Mine is: That awesome moment when I was able to litterally jump into my boyfriend's arms and kiss him when he returned home! AND he didn't drop me!:love:
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    you can go to waterpark with grandkids and not be too embarrassed in bathing suit and actually have energy to ride the rides with them. Priceless!!!!
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Two!

1) The moment you look in the mirror and realize...YOU HAVE RIBS!!!; and
    2) The moment you look down and realize you no longer have ****ydo! (Boys will understand)

It's freakin' awesome!!!

P.S. Trying on a medium shirt at Dillard's and having the guy say, "Maybe a small in the custom fit would be better." I nearly kissed him. LOL (I used to wear XL!!!)
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    you are completely blanked by your friends as you walk towards them on the beach. They are all looking at you but no one smiles or waves - really quite uncomfortable. Then I get closer and they are all 'OMG, we didn't recognize you, you are TINY!
  • sahar87
    sahar87 Posts: 21
    Options
    you put on that dress you've been saving for when you're smaller and its TOO BIG!

yeeees, what a lovely feeling... i hope i can see this day :blushing: :love:
  • madisoneads
    Options
    I can suck my gut in again. I haven't been able to suck in since high school! I want to actually loose it all so I don't have to, but still knowing that i can is great! Also my boobs measurements are 3 inches more than my belly!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    When I walked by a full length mirror. I was wearing my size 8 walking shorts and I didn't recognize me & had a moment of u have lost weight! Used to be size 16.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    ... people ask you for advice on weight loss because they realise you can walk the walk.
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're greeted by your friends saying "hello skinny" :)
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ... people ask you for advice on weight loss because they realise you can walk the walk.

This has happened so much over the past few weeks, even had a lady argue with me whether or not I had weight loss surgery!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have so many. I love the changes to my body!

When you rediscover your hip bones
    When you can sit on the floor and put running shoes on without being out of breath
    When you can hug your knees
    When you don't wobble while standing on one foot
    When you can carry more groceries into the house than your sports obsessed brother
    When strangers compliment your body instead of suggesting you 'have pretty eyes but should get healthy'
    When those same people ask you what you are doing to look so amazing
    When family members don't recognize you
    When you can jog for 5 minutes without requiring inhalers or ER visits (was a severe asthmatic)
    When walking/jogging you don't end up with heat/friction rash on the inner thighs because they don't touch anymore
    When you can run and let your mind wander to something other than breathing
    When you can climb a 2.5km hill without being exhausted afterwards
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    You look at a pair of slacks in a store, think, "Those are way too small to fit me," and then see that they're your size!
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You're the most fit person in the room instead of the fattest.