Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Audible breathing (when you're not exerting yourself)
    Audible eating (particularly when people bite their fork)

And yet... farting and burping don't bother me! haha
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    This is long overdue... LOL

2. Know it Alls...No description needed!

I'm adding arogance :drinker: :drinker:

I'm adding mispelling.

I'm adding misspelling :-)

Perfect.
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    People who half-*kitten* stuff IE their work outs..It really bugs me to see guys in the gym that have no idea what they are doing, I mean it says STAFF on my shirt for a reason...

And for those people out there who say "why dont you aproach him?" Univeristy rules say I cant intervene in an exercise unless the person is going to cause damage to himself or school property -_-
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That guy that immediately hit the brakes after switching into your lane right in front of you...:mad:

Yep thats another pet peeve of mine too.
  • Mfoley13
    Mfoley13 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a cashier, so....here goes! I was actually thinking about these last night...
    1. When people put their baskets on the belt full of stuff and expect me to unload it for them
    2. When people try to hand me coupons while I am STILL scanning their stuff...can't you see I'm busy? I'll take them at the end
    3. When people hand me a PILE of clothes and expect me to hold them, remove the hangers, scan them and bag them, which is hard. The belt is NOT dirty just because it's black. I do have to clean it, and do so very often. Next time, I am going to rub the clothes on the belt as hard as I can cuz that's the only way they will get dirty.
    4. When people try to take the bag away before I am done loading it up, and there's only like 1 or 2 things in there. Relax, I know how to do my job.
    5. When people TELL me to keep the chemical products away from the food. Again, I know how to do my job.
    6. When I am JUST FINISH cashing someone out, I am standing right next to the register, and MY LIGHT IS ON, people still come up and ask if I am open. Next time I am going to say no. You don't deserve to come through my line if you have to ask.
    7. People who come with over 30 things through the express lane and feel entitled to go through. It's an express lane for a reason.
    8. People who come up when my light is OFF, and I have started to leave for break or to go home, and they ask if I am open.

This makes it sound like I hate my job, but in actuality, I really do love it, haha. I work for a great company with lots of great people. And these things are just funny to think about. I'm sure there are many more, but I can't think right now!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Vague or passive aggressive status updates...

"If you really want to talk about me do it to my face!"

"I guess some people will always stab you in the back!"

or even the simple attention seeking ones like..

"Well, that was terrible!"

"I can't believe this is happening to me!"

If you want to update your status about a particular event or person.. just DO IT! Don't beat around the bush hoping people will say "oh no, what's wrong" or "I'm so sorry, call me!" That really irritates me!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1. When I go thru a "fast" food restaurant drive thru and it takes 20-30 minutes.
    2. Drivers who cut you off then drive below the speed limit in front of me, *kitten*..
    3. Children that swear in front of adults.
    4. The toilet seat being left up.
    5. Drinking almost all the juice and leaving a drop just so you don't have to wash the container ..ugh

My little brother use to do this. I would get MAD and instead of making more kool-aid I would drink water just to tick him off. LOL
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    chewing/ mouth noises...gag.... CLOSE YOUR MOUTH!!! ... okay now that that is off my chest. =)
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1. People who chew with their mouth open.

2. Loud eaters (totally grosses me out).

3. People that smoke at doors right outside of building entrances so you have to walk through their smoke whether you like it or not.

4. People that berate their children in public (or private for that matter).

5. People that think a toddler should just sit still and stare numbly at the world while strapped in a straight jacket stroller while being pushed around the mall for hours. REALLY?! Don't be mean to your kid cause they're BEING A KID!

6. Cell phones out at the dinner table.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    People who don't hold the door for the person behind them. Especially men for women.
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Options
    People who smack their food

People who talk with their mouth full or while chewing.

People who are fake or who gossip

Being rude

Cheaters, esp. at golf!!!!
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves?
    I have whole kennels of irritation ... :laugh:
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This might be just around where I live (I seriously haven't seen it anywhere else):

People walking on the street when there is a concrete sidewalk not two feet away. WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?!?! Every time I see someone doing this, I just want to pull over and ask them why they aren't walking on the sidewalk. It's not like the sidewalks are cracked or in bad repair... maybe these people just WANT to be hit my moving vehicles. I honestly don't know.

Unrelatedly, I hate it when people say unconcious when they mean subconcious. OR when people say "conversate." The word is CONVERSE. Conversate is not a word!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Being stranded on the porcelein throne when you realize there is no toilet paper left.....

^^^THIS^^^
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options

People who cut me off when I'm talking! LET ME TALK!!

lol ... I hear you on this one.
    I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours? :angry:
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1. Intolerance of different points of view or unwillingness to hear other views

2. Laziness

3. Blaming other people for one's own faults and or short comings

What's funny about my pet peeves is that I find they pop up in my own choices and habits. Guess that's why they are so pet peeve-Y! :happy:
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    People blowing their nose in a restraunt. Grrr. Goto the restroom or something!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    People who post pics with messy backgrounds! Come on clean up the clutter, it makes you look sloppy no matter how much weight you've lost!
    MEE TOO! UGH
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    1. People that come to my house & spend the whole time texting.....HELLO YOU CAME TO SEE ME!!!!
    2. slow walking people....one of these days i WILL run you over with my stroller
    3. People that whistle
    4.Automated phone calls

People that whistle?

People *****ing about all the things they don't like about other people! :tongue:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    People who post whole paragraphs without any punctuation WHATSOEVER! I cannot stand to read it. I stop after I realize its one huge, gigantic run-on sentence. I don't care how important it is, I will not read it!!! Your grammar doesn't have to be perfect, but at least make sentences.