30 Day Shred rest day?

Options
Do you vote yay or nay on a weekly rest day during the 30 day shred? I've never worked out like this before and I don't want to over do it by doing it every day if it's not good for me. Just wondering :)

Replies

• MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    I took one rest day for level one and will do the same for level 2 and level 3. I belong to a group that started the shred on the 1st of July and many are following this schedule:

Here's the schedule:
    Day 1: 30DS
    Day 2: 30DS
    Day 3: Cardio
    Day 4: 30DS
    Day 5: 30DS
    Day 6: Cardio
    Day 7: Rest

You could follow this if you like :)
  • megara2484
    megara2484 Posts: 15
    Options
    I say definitely take a rest day. I know my body needs a break at least once a week!!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No! I did it straight for 30 days and got amazing results, and I had friends skip days and didn't get the results they wanted.

For motivation, here were my results:
    34tbabr.jpg
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 and level 2 Mon - Fri and then did other things on the weekends. On Level 3, I have been doing two days and one day rest (it is kicking my butt).
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've decided to take Saturdays off. I'm away most weekends so today at 4:30 am I got my work out in, tomorrow I'll take the day off, although I will probably be going for a short, 20-30 min run.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I take rest days. You are always supposed to rest your body during exercise so your muscles can recover. I am trying to work out 4-5 days a week on the 30 day shred. I will do 10 days on each level. So it will take me longer than 30 days.

I previously did the 30 day shred up to day 18 with the same method and definitely saw the results.
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im taking days off mainly as im not home everyday to do it although i am doing it atleast 5 days a week.
  • cortneyrc
    cortneyrc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No! I did it straight for 30 days and got amazing results, and I had friends skip days and didn't get the results they wanted.

34tbabr.jpg

Wow you look fantastic! Great job!
  • abbylaine104
    abbylaine104 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says in the DVD intro to only do it 5-6 days a week.
    She says to ALWAYS take at least one rest day because your body has to have that time to recover and it helps prevent injury.
    :)
  • Love2LaughMK
    Love2LaughMK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I saw in interview with Jillian and she suggested a schedule of at least one day of rest .... you body needs time to recover. My trainer says you should give muscles 48 hrs before you work them again thats why most programs have an arm day - leg day - cardio - .... or vise versa ...

Day 1: shred
    Day 2: shred
    Day 3: Cardio
    Day 4: shred
    Day 5: shred
    Day 6: Cardio
    Day 7: Rest
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I exercise Monday-Saturday, so I only take Sundays off from the shred. I think I've gotten decent results thus far, but I've still got 20 days to go!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm at Day 15 (Day 5 Level 2) and I'm going to try my best to take a rest day tomorrow, it's going to be tough because I'm loving it so much but I think letting your body get a breather is a good thing! Who knows, I'll give it a go anyway!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

34tbabr.jpg

Wow you look fantastic! Great job!
    Thanks so much!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!