30 Day Shred Question?

Options
So I just got done getting my butt kicked on the Day One of the 30 day shred with my roomies. BUT... how do I log it in my excercise journal? Also wondering if other shredders out there are getting any good results!?Thanks guys!

Replies

• ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey - also just started the Shred today...well technically I restarted it! I had been logging it as 20 minutes of circuit training (that's what other people have told me on here...) Good luck!
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I log it as 10 minutes of strength training and 10 minutes of Calisthenics, to balance the still/weight parts and the more cardio/high effort parts.

I've been Shred-ing (along with walking 2-3 miles or doing a Zumba class) since Thanksgiving and have lost 10lbs. . . granted I'm a big girl but that's better results than I got with just the gym without the Shred.

Leg definition is my favorite and most obvious result with the shred.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I was told to put it under 20 min circuit training.
    I did it for two weeks and lost 5" on my waist. I love it and find it really motivating.
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    I've been shredding for 2 1/2 weeks. I've lost 5 lbs so far and I'm way happy with that (I even weighed in the day after :drinker: lol) So I am really happy. The only other exercise I do is some extra crunches once in awhile. Of course I am pretty busy physically working two retail jobs & keeping my house clean but that's everyday stuff.

And FYI, I'm in a group for shredders...and it seems like everyone else is doing well and getting excellent results too.

I just log it as cardio....because I don't feel it matters too much. I know what I'm doing and I put in the estimated calories (I figure about 180).

Good luck.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 day shred and wore my HRM everytime. I was always around 200 calories.
    I love the shred. I have since moved on to her "Trouble Zones" and "Blast the fat" (I think those are the names) they are about 50 minutes long of the same type of exercise as the shred.
    I started with the shred and then started running....so I combined both but over all I have lost 3 inches from waist, 2 from hips. I really didn't lose anymore because I am now pretty close to my goal....thats why I made sure I started taking my measurements.

Stick with it...you will shocked at how strong you feel after about 2 weeks.
  • reamiger
    Options
    what is shreding?
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

It's like p90x (sort of) but a shorter commitment....

still an *kitten* kicker.
  • Ckinse
    Ckinse Posts: 14
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone, glad to know people are liking this video! Onto day 2 for me!! Can't wait!!
  • Arius28
    Options
    Hi
    If you're referring to Jillian's 30 Day Shred, I figure it’s going to be an estimate, like all exercise programs, it will depend on how much you work it. This is how I do it: Strength: I’ve entered all the weight-lifting exercises I do. For the 30 Day Shred I tick off all the areas worked, the number of reps and the weights used - and log them. Cardio: I count the number of minutes for cardio and log it under the cardio section as “Aerobics, low impact” (here I’m erring on the conservative side) Logging it all is a bit time consuming but well worth it. Or, you can use the ‘Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)’ found :smile: in the cardio section and just enter the minutes of the workout.
    Good for you for getting your workout in!
    Have a great day. :-)