Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone

Options
Hey all... If you haven't tried Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds Workout Tapes.... You gotta! They are awesome! Much more than just a walk! Enjoy!

Replies

• misslucy
    misslucy Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree that the tapes are great. She has several dvds that you can walk to . i recently tried the 5 mile walk dvd and it was wonderful.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I walk from 2-3 miles 5-6 times a week. What would be a good dvd for me (Leslie Sansone)? I'll have to workout at home starting in about 3 weeks.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Well, tried the one mile walk last night and it was pretty light. This evening I'll most likely do it again, or I'll try the two mile depending on time. The one mile didn't quite work up enough of a sweat I think, but for a first night it was perfectly fine. I just need to pick up some hand weights.
  • luvmytwins02
    Options
    I love her videos. Our cable company carries her programs on a Free exercise on demand channels. I do her tapes on the days I can't get to the gym or outside to walk. Like today, it is rainy and cool here all day, so I will do her 2 mile walk later this morning. They are very fun and the time really flies by!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am really impressed with this Walk Away the Pounds. Edie(Nwfamilygal)has been trying to get me over there to do it and I finally went today!! Talk about a workout!!! What I need to know though, is how many calories does the 3 miles burn and eventually the 4 mile. I can't find any info online. How do you other folks calculate cals burned?

Thank you much, denise in Sams Valley OR
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have the Walk Away The Pounds With Water Weights and I love it. It is so fun and before I know it I have walked 2 miles.
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use to do her "Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs" which has a arm band/belt with it - I loved it!!!:heart: But, a year ago we moved into an old (like 1850's) house that shakes when I walk (even when my puny kids walk, so it's not just my fat a** :tongue: ) So, there went her videos and my tae-bo, and got me joining the gym 12 miles away. I really did love those, though. My arms and abs looked good, and my butt got smaller when I used them (6 yrs ago!:blushing: ) Enjoy them for me, okay! :happy:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So, did anyone ever find out the calorie's burned for her dvd's. I have tried looking but I have not found anything. I just post my time completed using the walking, slow pace 2.0 so that I know that I am burning at least some calories.

I just got the 5 mile dvd and love it. I use the walk the pounds for abs belt with a one pound weight in each hand for all the dvd's so that i can get the best for my time.

i am going to check my free exercise section of my digital cable to see if she is there.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    This is a stupid question, but I've been wondering. Are these DvD actually you standing in place walking? Will someone describe it alitte?

I love walking but I usually go outside, but it would be nice to do these when it's raining. :)

Thanks in advance :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So, did anyone ever find out the calorie's burned for her dvd's. I have tried looking but I have not found anything. I just post my time completed using the walking, slow pace 2.0 so that I know that I am burning at least some calories.

I wore my HRM while I did her one mile and 2 mile and I burned about the same as if I had been walking 3.5mph for the same amount of time. I'm sure it varies a little from person to person but that's what it was for me, so that's how I logged it. Her 1, 2, and 3 mile workouts are also free on my Exercise TV on Demand.

And spicy618, at points, yep, you're literally standing in place walking. She also incorporates other steps like kicks and side steps. I was skeptical, too, but my heartrate really got up there while I was doing it! It's kind of like The Shred in that you can increase or decrease the intensity level on your own while you follow along. Easy low-impact workouts.
  • inkprincess
    Options
    I LOVE walk away the pounds! I have a ton of her dvds! ranging from 1 mile to 4, with all sorts of different difficulty too. I'm taking a break from them now, to try to break through a plateau with a new workout (30 day shred), but i've been doing the walk away the pounds workouts for 5 years now. Easy but very effective! I lost 70lbs a few years using them. Then got pregnant and gained it all back. But i've lost 40+lbs this time already using the videos. If I wasn't stuck on a 2 month plateau, i'd still be doing them.
  • spicy618
    Options

I wore my HRM while I did her one mile and 2 mile and I burned about the same as if I had been walking 3.5mph for the same amount of time. I'm sure it varies a little from person to person but that's what it was for me, so that's how I logged it. Her 1, 2, and 3 mile workouts are also free on my Exercise TV on Demand.

And spicy618, at points, yep, you're literally standing in place walking. She also incorporates other steps like kicks and side steps. I was skeptical, too, but my heartrate really got up there while I was doing it! It's kind of like The Shred in that you can increase or decrease the intensity level on your own while you follow along. Easy low-impact workouts.

Thanks jb123!

What were the actual calories burned? When I go walking, my HRM records from 500 - 600 calories on a 90 minute walk. usually at 75 - 85 % of my Target HR.

I'm gonna look into this. thanks
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

What were the actual calories burned?

I don't remember exactly, it's been a while since I've done them. I want to say it was around 400 burned for the 2 mile workout and I kept my heart rate at about 75-80% of my max for probably 25-30 of the 40 minutes. I weigh 230 pounds, though, so of course the actual calories burned will be different for you.
  • spicy618
    Options

What were the actual calories burned?

I don't remember exactly, it's been a while since I've done them. I want to say it was around 400 burned for the 2 mile workout and I kept my heart rate at about 75-80% of my max for probably 25-30 of the 40 minutes. I weigh 230 pounds, though, so of course the actual calories burned will be different for you.

2 miles in 40 minutes is a good pace...

Thanks... I like to compare anyway.

Keep up the Great work!
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Is there a place on her website that lets you choose the dvd that you have and put in your figures so that it will calculate calories burned for you?
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Oh my gosh... this is so what I have been looking for... I've wanted something to get my cardio up with out totally killing myself. I have to work myself back up to hard cardio and I wanted something 'light' I guess you could call it. I just watched a little preview on youtube and it looks awesome.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    I'm doing this dvd too and I love it. I have the WATP Ultimate collection w/ 1,2,3, and 4 mile walks all on one dvd - scored it on amazon for 9 bucks and it's great. Just got doe w/ 4 mile and I add a few boxing punches and deeper twists too work my abs. I really needed this as i am a pear... sigh... and carry most of my weight through hips/thighs area. I really feel the difference since i started doing this about a week ago. So far this week i've done a little over 12 miles!! Would be great to have some pals to chat with who are doing the same dvd. I just got finished with shred in December and the thread was really motivating to keep going.
    It would be cool if you all are willing to keep logging in for support.

Hope to get to know you better and keep up the great work!

Janet:heart:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's WATP's!! I burn about 170 on the 2 mile, and I use 3 lb free wts. I don't sweat as much as I would in the summer, but you can bet you're gonna get a good workout. I think the results show fairly quick too. I notice in my thighs, calves, rear and upper arms. The better shape you become the more intense you can do the workout! I do her walk then sometimes resistance afterwards or stretch and tone. Good luck all, keep on walkin'! no excuses now! :wink:
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    I am in the 265 range with some asthma and I have found it difficult to do much exercise at all. Walking is okay, but I was always too lazy to get outside. I found WATP last week and found a tape at the library for the one mile. It is perfect for me with my weight and breathing issues. I work up a sweat, but I can still breathe. And since I don't have to go anywhere, I am able to stand up and just do it. I have ordered some more DVDs but this one will be fine for a while until I get acclimated to exercise again. :glasses:
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    i love this! i stopped for several months bc i had a new baby and it became very demanding to fit in walking with breast and bottle feeding,but now my daughter is almost 7 mnths and im back to doing the walk again