NSV...Sizes

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
Things have been going pretty slowly lately. I had tried upping my calories and my loss slowed by about exactly as much as I raised my calories. So last week I lowered them back down. I still only lost half a pound, but this week (Wed is official weigh in) I might see 1.5 to 2 lbs. lost, if the scale holds true.

But anyway...a while ago I got some pants from Loft and some INC jeans that were a size 12. But yeah, those brands run large so I knew I wasn't really a size 12. Then a couple weeks ago I hit Target for some shorts. Hmmm...size 12. Surprising given cheap clothes tend to run smaller, but maybe? I still really wasn't convinced. Today I was at the mall and tried on some Lands End pants in a size 12 (well, two pairs, fit 1 and fit 2) and they both fit well. Fit 1 never used to fit me at all! Then I stopped at JCrew. A store I never go in because the store usually only carries up to a size 12 and I've been warned they're not very generous. And the 12s fit.

I guess I have to quit thinking I'm a 14 now? So hard to wrap my head around as I thought that wouldn't happen until this fall. I had planned on buying new work pants this fall in a size 12. Huh...maybe I can actually buy 10s this fall! At least at Loft LOL.

Replies

• ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    way to go....keep up the ggod work!!!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WOW what a get NSV story I can't wait until I'm able to say that because I want to be a size 12:)
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!! You rock! Keep up the hard work, it is obviously paying off!...and always so welcomed to see!!!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    awesome job. thats a great nsv
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep up the hard work!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Since yesterday went so well, I decided to go play at the mall at lunch today. LOVE this Jones New York dress...in a size 12 (which is shocking given my chest size - it was a bit tight though).

i-kW5BBt3-M.jpg

and then....I hit Loft. And bought a pair of shorts, and two pairs of pants...in a size 10!
  • cmeroar68
    Options
    That is really awesome! GREAT FOR YOU!
  • LisaRep88
    LisaRep88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The mall is a dangerous place for us ladies dropping sizes! :)

Great job!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    The mall is a dangerous place for us ladies dropping sizes! :)

So true! But I do use it as a reward. I'm not one to say I'm not going to buy new clothes until I hit my goal weight. Why shouldn't I celebrate looking better along the way? :-)
  • cmeroar68
    Options
    That is a great way to reward yourself!
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new, I have been browsing this forum to figure out what NSV means. Can someone please tell me?
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh! Makes sense now :D And well done on your achievement!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats and I love that dress on you, it looks great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!